Tap to drag lock gone?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by MDTyKe, Jul 21, 2011.

1. MDTyKe macrumors regular

Hey guys

I used to double tap on a window to 'drag lock', i.e.: I can move something around. Now I can't seem to figure this out?
    - It seems when I enable 2&3 finger swipe (Which is necessary due to inconsistency between Finder and Safari in going back/forward) that my 3 finger drag doesn't work.

Any ideas how I can get the *1 finger* drag lock enabled again?

*sigh*.. So done with this OS.. Has to be the buggiest release-day OS from mac I've ever used.

2. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Tap to Drag is still there. Look for it. So is resizing columns you were whining about in another thread you started. Look for that as well.

You know... I'm not saying Lion doesn't have a few quirks but I wish some of you guys would take some time to familiarize yourself with it first.

3. toro1966 macrumors newbie

Tap to drag is still there, but only three finger tap to drag...single finger tap to drag was far easier...

4. toro1966 macrumors newbie

Just found the single tap - oh the good life!

5. stevemiller macrumors 65816

In fairness it doesn't help that they moved the preference from "Trackpad" where you'd expect (and are in fact deceptively presented with a single option for 3 finger drag), to an item... in a list... that is accessed by a button... within a tab... of the "Universal Access" preference pane. The *only* reason I found it was from searching these forums, so if people didn't come here talking about it, I'd have thought it lost.

6. BlackMangoTree macrumors 6502a

Everyday Lion becomes more Windows like, preferences all over the place.