"Tap To Unlock" for 4.3.3?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TB07-NJ, May 16, 2011.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Anyone know of a functional "tap to unlock" that works under 4.3.3? I have had a Winterboard Theme someone threw together for me about 18 months ago which has worked fine up until 4.3.3.

It was simply a "tap at the bottom" (where the slide was) to unlock. No graphics, no slider, no lock .... just simply "tap to unlock."

I REALLY miss it. I've tried the 3 or 4 that are in Cydia and none of them work. If anyone had a 4.3.3 compatible one or knows an app that does that I would appreciate knowing what you are using.

2. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

iPhone 4 Tap 2 Unlock will give you a clear lockscreen with no visible tap info- you tap the space where the slider would be. I suppose you could tweak it if you want something to show up- I like the clear screen myself.

3. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for the suggestion but I am guessing you're not running 4.3.3.

That one, like all the others I tried, doesn't work on 4.3.3. :( Googling around it seems NO ONE has found one that works on 4.3.3 yet as there a lot of folks asking the same thing.

I just may go back to 4.2.1. There is really nothing on 4.3.3 that I have any use for that isn't on 4.2.1.

4. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Um- I read your post and I AM running 4.3.3 (it also worked on 4.3.2). What is your issue?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

My issue is simple. It's doesn't work. ;)

It doesn't respond to a tap. It's on top of the "winterboard" theme list and activated.

I googled "Iphone 4 4.3.3 tap to unlock" and there has been no one (at least that I found) who has got any of them to work. They all seem to have the same problem as me ...

The only thing it might be causing the problem is LOCKINFO however up until 4.3.3 (I was previously on 4.2.1) it worked fine with LOCKINFO.

Any other thoughts?

6. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Well, I have Lockinfo also, but it is disabled until I double-tap the status bar. Is yours always turned on on (sic) the lockscreen? If so, there are a bunch of settings to work with in Lockinfo which might make it work better. < Nope- just enabled, still works >

So, either I am Wiley Coyote Super Genius or you guys are doing something wrong somewhere. Check out where mine is in WinterBoard. Do you have your theme above iTap or below? Try moving the theme below it.

7. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! I just figured it out. In LOCKINFO I had "HIDE LOCK SLIDER" set to ON. With it HIDDEN the "invisible slide" worked but TAP did not.

I'M SO HAPPY! :D:D:D:D:D

8. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

"If so, there are a bunch of settings to work with in Lockinfo which might make it work better"

So now we are BOTH Wiley Coyote Super Geniuses! :)

9. Vaco Deus macrumors member

What repo is the iPhone 4 Tap 2 Unlock in?

I can't seem to find it

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

11. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

BigBoss. Though it reads as "to," not "2" in the repo and the other way around in Winterboard. Go figure.

12. Vaco Deus macrumors member

Thank you!