Tap to unlock for iPad???

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by lokerd, May 25, 2010.

1. lokerd, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

I have been monitoring the JB compatibility list closely, waiting for news of a compatible "tap to unlock" but nothing seems to be getting updated.

Has anybody found a compatible Tap to Unlock?

2. rutiger macrumors regular

i have tap to unlock working. i modded someone else's theme that had it (iq brushed on modmyi). i didn't care for his tap image and wanted my little white lock just like on my phone.

[​IMG]

3. Shymcfly macrumors member

@rutiger,
    Did you have any issues after using this theme it blurred my wallpapers bad

4. rutiger macrumors regular

nope.

5. lokerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

lokerd

I am not up for modding somebody's app/theme...but I am DYING for a tap to unlock. If I have to slide on one more time, I might just...I dunno...go crazy!!!

I don't understand why some of these apps are getting updated. In Cydia, when I search for tap, nothing is coming up specific for the iPad.

Is anybody using a Tap to Unlock?????

HELP!!!!

Edit: I did just go ahead and try one (A Nice Tap to Unlock by iMac Themes)...and it didn't work. Got it into Winterboard, repsrung, and it is not jsut a dark slider...no text...and you still have to slide.

Edit 2: Ok, I have not tried another one (A Better Tap to Unlock by Luke Saller) ...same result.

Edit 3: A Nicer Tap to Unlock by Sam Hunt - NOPE!

Edit 4: Tap to Unlock by Elisha - NOPE They all seem to be doing the same thing.

Edit 5: Ok, I tried the one iQ Brushed...it has a tap to unlock. i don't understand why this one works and all the others don't. And how do I get my Wallpapers back???

Thanks!!

6. rutiger macrumors regular

ssh or use file to get into the theme dir. Then delete the wallpaper files. That will make it revert back to using yours. You can also edit the files used for the tap to unlock if you don't like the one in the iq theme.

7. lokerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

lokerd

WoW! I can't believe I figured it out...not using SSH...not sure about that...but I was able to find the directory in iFile, Stash, then themes, and there was the iQ...deleted his two images...resprung, and mine reappeared. Excellent!

Thanks!!

8. heathpitts macrumors member

I use activator and set it to unlock when double clicking the home button on the lock screen.

9. lokerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

lokerd

I am setting up my wife's iPad and am trying to get her a Tap To Unlock.

I just set her Pad free, and am looking at a theme "Tap to Unlock for ipad" but when I try to install, it says it has "depends" or something. I have respringed and restarted to no avail.

Has anybody else gotten this Theme to work?

I have also tried the others, still no luck in getting just a basic theme to work with the iPad.

10. lokerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Well, I upgraded my iPad 4.2.1 and now I am stuck with NO tap to unlock.

The same problem that plagued my last post with my wifes iPad is affecting me now.

Does slide to unlock not just frustrate the heck out of everybody? Does anybody have a solution????

Thanks!!

11. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

Check out the nolockscreen tweak. Gets rid of the lock screen completely.

12. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Tap to unlock for iPad. Search foethat it works on mne 4.2.1

13. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Tap to Unlock for iPad

How do you install it on your 4.2.1? It has the wrong dependencies and won't install off of Cydia. It's only for 3.2. Or did you mod it somehow and SHH it in?