Tap to unlock???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lokerd, Dec 30, 2010.

1. lokerd, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010

lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

I just set my iPhone4 on 4.2.1 free yesterday.

One of the MAJOR reasons to risk JBing is because I HATE, HATE, HATE sliding to unlock!!!

Is there a Tap to Unlock that 1) doesn't require installing anything serious? I think a lot of them require Winterboard, but that seems risky and asking for a unstable iPhone.

On the positive side...I am using the iPhone as an iPadI Jr (that is iPad with an EYE)! I took the sim out of my iPad and put it in the iPhone. So, if it crashes, I won't be out a PHONE persay, but I don't want it to be unstable all the same.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Where the hell do you get your informaiton.
    Install it youll be fine.

If your worried, research mobile substrate.

3. lokerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Well, I based it on something I read about if the thing crashes and the fact that you have to get back to your computer to boot tethered, etc. It seems logical that messing with the mobile substrate would cause instability. And, based on what I read, it suggested to avoid that kind of stuff. One specific post I recall said they installed some things, sb settings for one, and had to uninstall one at a time until they resolved the crashing. Seems likely that it is unstable to install things that mess wi the system. But hey, I have been reading a ton of stuff.

Anyway, got a suggestion on which Tap to Unlock to go with?

Thanks!

4. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

depends on what u want...

there is a invisible one on cydia that i like that u just tapp the area and theres nothing there and it unlocks.

mobile substrate prevents endless bootloops by respringing instead of restarting!

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Never heard of that. It will only put your iphone into safe mode.

I've installed SBSetting from day one and never crash. However, i've installed some other stuff and it puts my iPhone into safe mode. Then i went into Cydia and delete it. iPhone back to normal.

You need to read a little more.

You will most likely install winterboard OR replace the theme yourself using ssh.

6. geque75 macrumors regular

My tap to unlock

Here is my tap to unlock file. Just place this in the 'TelephonyUI.framework' folder in your theme and you should be good to go.

Attached Files:

7. jack66 macrumors member

that's awesome, how do you get it so that it's just the fingerprint and no dock?

8. geque75 macrumors regular

Not sure I follow... What do you mean by dock? Are you talking about the background showing white?