Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
A while back I tried using Tapatalk to browse the forum on my phone. At the time I linked Tapatalk to MacRumors. Immediately I started receiving forum alerts anytime anyone posts a new thread in the iPhone forum. This amounts to a 100 or more alerts every day, and any alerts I really do want to see get buried.

I have tried disconnecting MacRumors from Tapatalk, and the only alert settings I have set here are if someone replies to or quotes one of my posts.

But I still get alerts anytime anyone starts a new thread in the iPhone forum.

Can anyone help? Do the moderators view this forum? Thanks.

EDIT: just to clarify...the alerts I'm speaking of aren't through Tapatalk, but forum alerts accessed when you click the little flag above...

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Reactions: Weaselboy

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thank you!! I was "watching" that forum. Turned it off and all is good again!
Interesting, I watch a number of forums but don't get any notifications of new threads in them. I believe there's a separate option to enable/disable that, but I don't quite recall where that is at the moment. (Of course simply not watching any forums essentially makes that setting kind of moot.)

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Interesting, I watch a number of forums but don't get any notifications of new threads in them. I believe there's a separate option to enable/disable that, but I don't quite recall where that is at the moment. (Of course simply not watching any forums essentially makes that setting kind of moot.)
If you go to that link there is a dropdown with some options.

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 11.18.08 AM.png

Reactions: C DM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.