Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djilkosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Serbia
I updated today tapatalk and iOS to their latest versions.

Now I have big problem when I want to open forum via widget aka quick access.

Don't know what they did, but they screwed this. It is pretty much irritating to open forum, go back to exit that bugged forum, open example Mac rumors and then read/write etc.

This is what I get when I open via widget any forum
557d8f8ee0ca6f4bab5bdd2224c36c86.jpg

I know it's tapatalk bug and not iOS and I know that I'll probably wait till the next update which is going to be after couple of days or even worse couple of weeks maybe months...

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Yeah, I'm seeing that too. Under the Me tab, there is a "Contact Us" button you can use to send them an email about it. Although I just saw your post over on their community forum which might be enough seeing as the developers are around there.

Reactions: Djilkosh

Djilkosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Serbia
I'm not using stock Mail app (using Spark because of gmail push), so I can't contact them (and it's stupid because you need stock Mail app) through mail. I went to theirs community support forum and place thread. Now I'm waiting.

Maybe you and others who has this bug can reply to that thread so they can fix it faster?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Their app is absolutely terrible. I was a beta tester for a long time and watched the app develop into what it is today. It was actually a nice transition but every update ALWAYS broke something else and even continues to this day. Lately, they stopped responding to emails I sent them of crash reports or bugs. So I spend $15 on an app, continuously full of bugs (kept getting forum blog notifications even though I kept turning the setting off, and now I have the same issue you do). It's a joke.

Reactions: ericwn

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Oh and now they took away the bottom menu bar in all screen views so no you have to back out of all the forum menus just to get to the main home screen. Could've sworn it persisted through all menus and there was a setting for it in the settings menu.

Djilkosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Serbia
Devs have replied to thread and said that will be fixed. So we will see for how long we need to wait.

On another Tapatalk topic, has someone problem with opening youtube videos in tapatalk, when app linking is youtube app?

Djilkosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Serbia
Today they pushed update. I updated app and bug is fixed. That was pretty fast. 24-28 Jan and today is Saturday.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Today they pushed update. I updated app and bug is fixed. That was pretty fast. 24-28 Jan and today is Saturday.

Installed the latest version and have no quick navigation at the bottom anymore. Absolutely terrible idea.
Who comes up with this nonsense?
The makers of the app also almost never reply to any user feedback. Terrible product support.

Djilkosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Serbia
Problem with Tapatalk is that they don't have competition or any other app that is good for forums use. So thing is that either you use it or don't. If they would have competition they would be better or they would lose people.

It's unbelivable that there is not even one developer company that wants to develop app for forums. For how long? Many many years...

Reactions: ericwn

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Installed the latest version and have no quick navigation at the bottom anymore. Absolutely terrible idea.
Who comes up with this nonsense?
The makers of the app also almost never reply to any user feedback. Terrible product support.

That's the first thing I noticed. They EVERY UPDATE either breaks one feature or removes another that we like or use. It's so stupid. Fix one thing, break another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.