Tapatalk compatibility?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Synergie, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I have not purchased the app yet in the appstore. Just checking to see if MacRmours and a few other boards I frequent are supported for use in Tapatalk, as the app seems to need the forum owners to place a small code for it to work...

I have been after a good app to display forums on the iphone, since trying to view it in mobile safari is a pain in the rump.

So, does anyone know if it's supported?

2. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you use the forum Advanced Search or search with MRoogle, you can filter your search results by time frame.
    ScreenCap 13.PNG ScreenCap 14.PNG

4. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm according to that thread you linked, Tapatalk was eventually installed on here, but I just got the Tapatalk app, and can't find it either by browsing the category, or by searching the name. I wonder if it was removed in the last few months?

I really like the interface for Tapatalk better than BitBulletin which is the other non-code dependent app I was trying out before. BitBulletin is SOOO slow pulling down content and it doesn't display it as fluidly moving through categories to specific boards etc. :( I'd also prefer Tapatak to separate apps for each forum I go to... less icons on my SB to deal with lol.

I'll keep looking in the forum db on the app to see if maybe it's spelled differently or case sensitive or something, but it looks like it's no longer supported by MR.

EDIT: Disregard my last: I spelled 'rumor' the Canadian way LOL rumour :p

Oh, and I know I can change the time frame on searches... I just didn't think to. I didn't realize it defaulted to only 1 month back.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you read the whole thread? There are posts as recent as a week ago, confirming that it is, indeed, still supported and working.

6. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

...Hence my Edit: Disregard Last...

When I searched I spelled MacRumors as MacRumours... LOL I'm Canadian and we tend to use U in a lot of words that American don't hehehe. Like Color=Colour, Harbor=Harbour etc.

Weird though I usually spell color without the U. I guess I spell half Canadian, half American! :p

Anyway no wonder I couldn't find it!

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yeus, I noticued thaut eduit afteur I pousted my repluy. :D