Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Their recent updates are complete crap and I'm so pissed. Tapatalk is honestly the worst. Been using their beta forever and the app got nice, but they keep screwing it up. Decided to pay for the pro version and it's nothing but trouble and they offer zero support.

My blog notifications (for iMore and Macrumors) push friggin non stop and I have them disabled in "site specific settings" but the regular push notifications setting keeps resetting back to "enabled". I've emailed Tapatalk 3 times and no one ever responds. It's pathetic. Anyone else having trouble recently with this?

cdf9fd2c01c1e8e306d6c9fdb5ecb854.jpg

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I have started to see alerts from Macrumors when they post new articles, which is just annoying to have in my notifications. Unfortunately my impression is that the makers of this app are in no way working with their customers. They are quick when coming up with ways to spam your experience and to get some quick money out of you, but on a daily level you won't even get your emails answered or their receipt acknowledged. Basic interaction skills missing and that for a long time.

Reactions: dictoresno

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Same issue. It's annoying as hell. Makes me tempted to just delete the app. Because even when I turn notifications off just from the iOS still have to deal with them when you open the app.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Ehhh. The guy who runs MobileRead said that he couldn't make changes on the Tapatalk forum admin control panel when he was changing the forum to HTTPS and had to try again later. So they're probably doing stuff with the backend.

Just noticed that New Blog Posts is now disabled again on my side. Will see if it stays that way.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Yea my settings are persistent now and show disabled. But I got a blog notification an hour ago so not sure it it happened before the settings fixed themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.