Tapatalk worth it?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by katyoshi, Apr 10, 2011.

1. katyoshi macrumors 6502

Hey guys, before I spend more money on the app store, is the Tapatalk app worth it? I do use these forums as well as other forums, but want to know your thoughts...

2. harcosparky macrumors 68020

For me it was one of those apps I used one time and never again.

I bought it because one of the admins on a forum site I use recommended it.

I did not like the 'feel' of it. I dunno, maybe I would use it on my iPhone, but for the iPad I prefer using a full web browser.

3. JulianL macrumors 65816

Same for me. I really want a dedicated forum reader for my iPad but, for me, Tapatalk isn't it. I used it for a few minutes and then dragged it into my "Unused" app folder on page 2 of my home screen.

- Julian

4. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I like it for less active/ smaller forums... But I can't stand using it in a forum like this which is very active and pretty huge.

5. ac4155 macrumors newbie

I like it, I just wish more of the forums I visit would join up to it.

In fact I'm using it now, it's nice to have the forums I visit in an easy to assess place and to easily be logged on to them.

6. reputationZed macrumors 65816

I've been trying to use it on a fairly regular basis, and I like the idea, but the implementation still needs some work. There are two issues that keep me from recommending the app. It frequently crashes while updating threads, and their doesn't seem to be a way to quote a previous post when making a reply. that being said Im hopeful the dev will continue to improve the app.

7. PlaidHatter macrumors member

One of my most used apps! I am using it now. Just another example of ways that the Idevices can replace a full computer. I have never had any crashes with my iPhone or iPad.

8. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Why waste storage space on your iPad for "Unused" apps? If you backup and sync your iPad to iTunes on your computer, if you delete the app on your iPad it remains on your computer. You can also download it again at no cost from the App Store.

9. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

I bought it specifically for these forums, but I have found the app to be very "crashy"..... It is very unstable and I find myself just coming here from Safari.

10. Joey225 macrumors member

I find it to be worthwhile on my iPhone, but it's really not needed on iPad.

11. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. I decided not to waste my money on that app and just enjoy going though the websites to visit forums since it's not a problem to visit forums on an iPad. :)

12. Stovepiper macrumors member

When I'm in forum junkie mode, this app is indispensable. It's much much better than trying to browse the forums in a browser on the iPhone. I got so used to using it on the phone that it's now my go-to app for forums on the iPad as well. The developers are great too, frequently fixing and adding features. The only unfortunate thing about it is that there aren't more forums that support it.

13. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

+1

14. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Another positive vote here. Whenever i'm not at a computer, I use it.

15. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

You can lump me into the crowd that tried it once and didn't like it. I simply find that most forums are just easier to read and post in via the web. I could potentially see it's uses on an iPhone where the screen real estate is much more limited, though.