Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
Who here uses tapatalk on their iPhone or iPad to view the MacRumors Forums? What a fantastic app. I prefer to visit these forums from my devices rather than my computer because of how good tapatalk is.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I use it on the iPad occasionally. For just casual reading of the forums, I agree with you it is better than the web site.

Appsman

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2012
Tapatalk

Who here uses tapatalk on their iPhone or iPad to view the MacRumors Forums? What a fantastic app. I prefer to visit these forums from my devices rather than my computer because of how good tapatalk is.

Though, it's good, but, prefers pc to view MacRumors or other forums.

nathdogg

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
I use tapatalk all the time, I think it's a great app. Although not all the forums I visit use it though.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
That's pretty much all it is good for, IMO. The app does not support the other forums I frequent like giant in the playgrounds, and I prefer the web version when browsing on my iPad.

That said, I quite like the new mobile version of this forum, and it actually seems to lag even less.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
Tapatalk has to be integrated into a website it's up to the forum owners if they wish to integrate it or not. I DEFINATELY prefer it to the website and if your an administrator I a forum the features are built into tapatalk also.

Love It :D

nathdogg

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
That said, I quite like the new mobile version of this forum, and it actually seems to lag even less.

I agree. The mobile version of macrumors is very good. I use it on my blackberry over edge and it's just as fast as tapatalk on the iPhone using 3G.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
I agree. The mobile version of macrumors is very good. I use it on my blackberry over edge and it's just as fast as tapatalk on the iPhone using 3G.

Yeah it seems pretty good too. Just loved the extras tapatalk offers. Have you tried it as an admin? Works fab

Roberson

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
No doubt this app (Tapatalk) is cool for staying in touch with MacRumors, But I use PC to manage my all activities on other Forums.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
No doubt this app (Tapatalk) is cool for staying in touch with MacRumors, But I use PC to manage my all activities on other Forums.

More and more forums are integrating tapatalk as its free to do so :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339964433.907119.jpg

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
I love tapatalk, but it does seem unstable on iOS 6. I get a lot of "Please reenter this account from the accounts tab" errors.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
I love tapatalk, but it does seem unstable on iOS 6. I get a lot of "Please reenter this account from the accounts tab" errors.

Seriously? It's one of the apps that's been solid for me. But there again apps that crash constantly on my devices run perfectly on others using these forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.