TapaTalk

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by AJsAWiz, Nov 10, 2012.

1. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Has anyone used TapATalk for forum reading. This popped up as I was accessing MacRumors on my iPad through Safari. If you've used it what do you think about it? Would you recommend TapATalk to others?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Yes, I use and would recommend it to others. It's a very nice app.

3. mihereteab macrumors newbie

I have used talptalk on my ipad for about 8 months and on my android phone for about 3 years. For forum reading it has been one of the best apps. It is fast, good user interface, and very convenient for reading forums from different sites.

4. AJsAWiz, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012

AJsAWiz thread starter macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply. I'm going off to the App Store to download it now :D

Using it now :)

5. reputationZed macrumors 65816

I bought it and have played around with it a bit, but I'm just not getting how its better than just viewing the forum in safari. Am I missing something?

6. MaxMuscle macrumors newbie

I too have used Tapatalk for a couple of years now and love it. Much faster and more efficient than trying to browse the full websites.

7. Thegolem macrumors regular

Same here. It's useful for uploading pics to posts which I believe you can't do o's safari on IOS but otherwise it's not much good IMO.

8. AJsAWiz thread starter macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I've been using it a couple of days now. It's great for browsing multiple forums! I'm still feeling my way around on navigating though. I went to the Tapatalk forums but wish there were an online manual somewhere. I didn't feel the help options in tapatalk's forum area particularly useful. Overall, so far I'm pleased :)

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I read the forum in Safari on the iPad, but it's easier to use the app on my phone. As some one else mentioned, I also use the app to upload pictures.

10. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I just got it after seeing it when opening this ite a few days ago. I like it so far. Can it save my passwords for forums though? I hate having to look up and enter my passwords all the time.

11. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

How can I disable the annoying pop up message suggesting this tapa talk?
    I will not pay for it, and hate it every time it shows up.

12. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I don't think you can, not with Safari anyway. Other sites do the same thing and it is annoying, but oh well.