Tape camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Do I make you, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Do I make you macrumors member

I dont know if this is the right thread but I have a a Panasonic PV-L750D I want to put the video on to my mac, but I lost the to pc cord where could I get another one of these I have looked a long time trying to find one. Can I even put the video on to my mac.

2. Do I make you thread starter macrumors member

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

I'm assuming that you already have an external video capture device to digitize the footage with, seeing that you camera is analog.

If it's the A/V cable you're after, it's nothing more than a standard 3.5 mm to RCA audio/video cable. You should be able to find these at a local electronics store. Otherwise, look here.

4. Do I make you thread starter macrumors member

I have that cable. The one that I need is called RS-232C Pc connecter where could I find one of those

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

That connector is a 9-pin serial connector and I'm not aware of any hardware or software these days that uses that type of connectivity for capturing video. Your best bet is to use the 3.5mm A/V cable and an analog to digital converter device (like something from Canopus) to capture the video via firewire onto your Mac.

Lethal

6. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

I couldn't imagine a RS-232C connection ever being used for video ingest to a computer, even with an old VHS-C camcorder. WAYYYY too slow...

My guess is that the connection is there for external camera control with a PC.

You need an analog video capture device, like a Pinnacle kit, and preferably one that interfaces over FireWire.

7. harcosparky macrumors 68020

My source for parts tells me the cable you want is ...
    http://www.partstore.com/GetModel.a...CategoryName=&Keywords=cable&x=13&y=20&page=2

You could MAYBE use it on a Mac *IF* you had that cable AND a USB-->RS-232 Serial Adapter. MAYBE that would work. We have a USB---> RS232 Adapter and use it for two specific applications.

Good luck .... maybe you could try EBAY.

Part Number for that cable is ---> LSJA0276

They show an ALTERNATIVE Cable but that one also is NOT AVAILABLE

Part number for the alternative cable is ---> RS232C-2.5P

I know this info did not lead you to the cable, but hopefully it will help you find one.

EDIT: TRY THESE PEOPLE - They show it as available for around $17.00--> http://www.pro-cam-electronics.com/cable.htm#0276

Go to that page it is about half way down.

you know it is funny .... when shopping for a DSLR one of the featurers I wanted was to be able to connect the camera to a computer and control it from the computer. That is, set the camera on a tripod, compose and take the shot using the computer screen as the 'viewfinder'. Bascially it was sending video to the computer via the RS-232 cable.

I was told I had to buy a Professional DSLR with FIREWIRE to get that feature because it required the speed of firewire.

I found that odd becaue years ago, I had a Kodak digital camera ... and it had that feature with RS-232