Tape on logic board???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cameronnbee, Dec 31, 2010.

1. cameronnbee macrumors newbie

Today I received my MacBook Pro (mid 2009) back from the repair depot in Memphis TN. They replaced my logic board, battery, display, and the RAM. I was opening up the back cover (to upgrade my HD) when I saw that the SuperDrive, hard drive, and display cable had been taped on. Is this normal???

2. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Duct tape fixes everything! I don't think this is normal...

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

There's normally tape on the motherboard to keep the wires down. I've never opened a unibody MBP before, but on my non-unibody MBP, there's tape all over the place.

4. Detrius macrumors 68000

...and that tape is called "kapton" tape, and it's electrically neutral. It's clear and yellow. Duct tape, scotch tape, and masking tape are all a bad idea.

5. calaverasgrande macrumors 65816

calaverasgrande

I see that on the older MBP, like 2009 and earlier. I havent seen it on the 2010 models. Those are all super clean inside. We like to joke that this must be what Jobs apartment looks like.

6. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

In my 09 MBP there are a few pieces of tape, but not on the logic board itself.

I do not think I could handle being near the guy. Just seems to much of a control freak for my free spirited self. It would be interesting though to see how he organized his life and his world map missing Japan :p