Tapping the top auto scrolls to the top - what about auto scrolling to the bottom?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by patent10021, Nov 21, 2013.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Tapping the top of any device in apps like safari and twitter auto scrolls to the top of the page. Is there a shortcut to auto scroll to the bottom? I think there is because it happened to me once by mistake.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Unfortunately don't think there is one. I haven't been able to find one (despite looking for it for a bit at one point), nor is there one that is ever mentioned in any articles, tips, posts, etc.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I was under the impression that tapping the top brought you to the top of the page so you could type another URL easily. Also, most web pages have more menus on the top of the page than on the bottom.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

The tap on top (the phone's status bar typically) has been a scroll to the top feature way before Safari implemented hiding of the omnibar, and worked, and still works throughout the OS and other apps.

It's not really connected to Safari or its current (iOS 7) features, although now taping on top (just as tapping on the bottom, or simply scrolling back up a bit) brings the omnibar and the toolbar at the bottom, while a second tap will scroll to the top.

As far as quickly scrolling to the bottom, it can be useful in long emails, long lists, long pages, etc. Sure, purely from web page controls/options point of view, top is more important, but given that the scroll to top feature is there in general (outside of Safari and web pages), a similar scroll to the bottom one wouldn't be that crazy of an idea--although, yes, it probably wouldn't be used as often or by as many, and there would need to be some way to figure out how to implement it, given that there isn't really something like a phone status bar that could be used for those purposes.