Taptic intermittent...hardware or software?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by IJBrekke, Feb 17, 2016.

1. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

Just got an AWS this evening, been enjoying it so far. One thing I've noticed though: the taptic engine doesn't seem to work after it sits for a while. If I go into taptic settings and adjust the slider up and down several times it will start working again, but it does nothing at first. If I put the watch on mute I'm not getting notified.

Yes, I've made sure my phone and iPad are locked to test this.

Is this a known issue, or did a I receive a dud?

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

Mine works all the time. It might be delayed for a second sometimes when changing watch face for example. But other than that I haven't had an issue. My watch haptic engine rattled though after a week. I reset it and it has worked great after that (4 months ago).

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

My first SB watch had to be returned due to the haptic engine stopped working. It was very weak no matter what settings and then it stopped all together. The replacement was stronger and still works like new.

This first SB watch was at the Apple Watch introduction

4. IJBrekke thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I think I'll stop into the Genius Bar today and see what they tell me.

Is there supposed to be haptic feedback when you change watchfaces? It doesn't do that either.

5. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

When on the watch face and force pressing to change view. The zoom out animation will have a vibration.

6. IJBrekke thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh okay, thanks. It definitely does not do this. I think a replacement might be in order.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

If you go to the store it will be a repair. If you have AC+ you can call Apple and they will overnight you another AW.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I know for me personally I have to use prominent haptic. Not b.c it does not work, but b.c I get use to the "tap" and miss notifications on the regular setting.