Target and Walmart deliveries

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 1969cj5, Mar 21, 2011.

1. 1969cj5 macrumors member

Does anyone know / have an opinion if walmart and target are getting any regular inventory? Apple stores have lines, best buy has "the list" so I think regular deliveries are my best bet

2. JulianApple macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

A Target employee in California told me yesterday that they don't know ahead of time if they're going to get any. He said they get store inventory daily at midnight and they don't know what's delivered until it's unloaded from the truck and boxes opened up. He said check daily at time store opens. Don't know how truthful he was. If this is the case, I'm guessing employees are getting on their mobile phones calling their friends etc. Advising them if they've got some in. Trying to get my hands on one of these without having to support the price gaugers

3. JulianApple macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

...is crazy!

4. 1969cj5 thread starter macrumors member

Actually, I should say that I know for sure that wal mart gets them via fed ex / ups.

5. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

That would explain why the one 32gb iPad 2 in a walmart in the middle of nowhere Mississippi was on the shelf still in a brown box with a shipping label on it! For the life of me I could not convict myself to spend the extra hundred for the 32gb when all I want is the 16gb. But I dang sure hope it's still there tomorrow when I'm back in that area for work!