Target Discounts Apple Watch Series 1 to $180 While Staples Marks Down 9.7-Inch iPad to $260

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 22, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Target has kicked off the week with a discount on the Apple Watch Series 1 from 2016, offering the 38mm model for $179.99 and the 42mm model for $209.99. Each device is available in aluminum with a Sport Band in either White or Black.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The Apple Watch Series 1 typically sells for $250 in 38mm and $280 in 42mm, so today's sale represents savings of $70 in both case sizes. Target's sale is a match for the same low prices seen during a pre-Black Friday sale at Macy's last year, as well during Target's own Black Friday sale. At the time of writing, all models are available to ship for free, and store pickup is also available depending on stock at your local Target.

Another notable Apple device sale that went live today is at Staples and centers on the 9.7-inch iPad from 2017. In the sale, customers can get $30 off instantly and then an additional $40 off using coupon code "84761".

This marks the 32GB 9.7-inch iPad down to $259.00, from $329.00, and the 128GB model down to $359.00, from $429.00. As a comparison, retailers like B&H Photo are selling the same models for $299.00 and $399.00, respectively. Color options for the 32GB include Space Gray, Gold, and Silver, while the 128GB is only available in Gold and Silver.

[​IMG]

Staples' sale ends on January 27 and is available on the retailer's website or by phone order. Additionally, only one coupon code can be used per customer. To apply the coupon code to an order, add one of the iPads to your cart, then click "Add/Edit Coupons" under the Order Summary section of your cart.

Visit our full Deals Roundup for more sales going on this week, including discounts on the stainless steel versions of the Apple Watch Series 2 at Best Buy.

Article Link: Target Discounts Apple Watch Series 1 to $180 While Staples Marks Down 9.7-Inch iPad to $260

2. koolmagicguy macrumors 6502

koolmagicguy

These are insanely good deals. Wonder if they're not selling or just making room for more inventory.

3. Xavier macrumors 68030

Really good iPad deal. I might do this to replace my 16gb iPad mini 4.

4. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Target has always been the first one to reduce inventory before other retailers. It's pretty smart.

Disney Infinity had an inkling to go under 2 years ago? Target discounted all the toys to 50% off, then 75% off. Toys R Us is STILL trying to get rid of their Disney Infinity toys.

5. iamPro macrumors regular

I get the following message for the staples deal,

“Coupon couldn't be redeemed:The entered coupon has already been used and is no longer valid. Please try another coupon.”

The total is $299 not $259.

6. kdarling macrumors P6

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    Thanks, MacRumors! Ordered an iPad online from Staples to replace my wife's original one.

7. cjake, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018

cjake macrumors regular

I encountered the same error after entering the coupon code reported here and on the Staples web site. $259 is a great deal for the iPad, but $299 not so much and I would pass on it.

Update: It seems the coupon code fails when checking out as guest. I created an account and logged in. Adding the coupon was accepted.

8. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I am considering upgrading my Series 0 to a Series 3 as the watch is quite slow to respond in many situations.

9. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I did the same, it is worth it. Series 3 is very snappy and has much better battery life.

10. marty1980 macrumors 6502

Nice deals on iPad.

But who wants a 1st gen Apple Watch? Still sore they dropped the series 2 instead. Oh well... buy 1st gen with caution.

11. magicschoolbus macrumors 65816

magicschoolbus

Would of purchased a series 2 new at a lower price point.. sucks they got rid of it. Would never buy a series 0 or 1.

12. Mainsail macrumors 6502a

The Series 1 is not the first generation Apple Watch (which is called Series 0). The Series 1 was launched at the same time as the Series 2. It has the same processor as the 2, but it is not waterproof and lacks GPS.

I agree the naming convention is confusing. But, the Series 1 has pretty good internals, and Apple still sells it new.

13. SamRyouji macrumors member

SamRyouji

Reducing the inventory, I presume? I sense iPad 2018 is coming soon and they're trying to make room for the upcoming new version of the most affordable great tablet.

14. CrystalQuest76 macrumors 6502a

looks good, but i will save more money by continuing to use my analog watch that never needs charging.

15. er1c macrumors newbie

$80 difference between a tiny watch (with a tiny battery, tiny screen, and wimpy processor) and an iPad (with a huge battery, advanced processor, large screen, cameras, etc.).

The tech world can be real weird...

16. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Not seeing your correlation between an Apple Watch and iPad? Their entirely two different products and can't be compared with each other.

And as Far as your comments applying to the Apple Watch with a tiny battery and tiny screen, what were you expecting? A smart watch is supposed to be small enough to be worn on your wrist, It's not meant to be obtrusively large.

17. grimmjaw macrumors newbie

anyone still got the error when apply the coupon? try login and still give me the error.

18. danny_w macrumors 601

Price on iPad back to $329 and no coupon.

19. harriska2 macrumors 6502a

harriska2

If my watch series 1 lasts 2 years, it costs $100 per year or less than it only costs $10 per month for haptic notifications (because I can‘t stand ringing or noises) and a hella handy timer that I use many times every single day. And I’m cheap.

20. expiredyogurt macrumors regular

expiredyogurt

staple us or staples ca? you need to make **** like this clear so people dont waste time trying to figure out what cryptic crap you're saying dude

21. danny_w, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018

danny_w macrumors 601

22. RayRay87 macrumors newbie

RayRay87

23. danny_w macrumors 601

Yesterday morning the staples us website showed the price as $299 minus the $40 rebate for a total of $259 Now the price is $329 and no mention of the rebate.

24. slineaudi macrumors member

I'm seeing $329 with no discounts working at all... I guess this deal is over already!?

25. danny_w macrumors 601

It seemed to last only a few hours at best, certainly not what the OP said.