Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freeuser

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
I have already read the Apple Support documents to the TDM, but this doesn't adress my questions:

1. if i connect my Macbook Pro Retina to my iMac via Thunderbolt, will the iMac run under full power, or is there only the Display running? Might be a question for power consumption.

2. Bootcamp isn't working with TDM, but will Windows show up via Parallels in TDM?

3. for which reason do you use TDM, and not only run your iMac, because you have to run two computers at the same time?

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
I have already read the Apple Support documents to the TDM, but this doesn't adress my questions:

1. if i connect my Macbook Pro Retina to my iMac via Thunderbolt, will the iMac run under full power, or is there only the Display running? Might be a question for power consumption.

2. Bootcamp isn't working with TDM, but will Windows show up via Parallels in TDM?

3. for which reason do you use TDM, and not only run your iMac, because you have to run two computers at the same time?

#2 Yes

#3 When you need two screens, or your other Mac is more powerful than the TDM iMac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.