Target iPhone policies

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BruiserB, Sep 13, 2014.

1. BruiserB macrumors 65816

Does Target sell iPhones without a contract?

I was told yes by someone in their mobile sales department about a month ago, but not sure if I believe it. And if they do now, will they do it when a new model is released?

Specifically I'd like to know if I can get a Verizon 6 Plus contract free from them?

My spouse works for Target and I can get a discount....that's the reason I'd like to buy from Target if I can.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Maybe your spouse can find out and let us know? :confused:

3. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

That's strange you would get a hardware discount. I worked in retail electronics before and never saw discounts on apple hardware.
    Maybe gift cards in return, but no flat out employee discounts and esp not on a launch. If anything they might tell your spouse no dice for employees on launch

4. BruiserB thread starter macrumors 65816

Target iPhone policies

My spouse works in corporate and not a store, so I thought there may be someone here who would know Target's policies for "device only" sales. I'm more curious about that than the employee discount. I know I can get 5% RedCard discount....not sure about employee discount. I always thought all of the retailers (Target, Walmart, Costco, Sam's, etc) only did on contract sales, but did have one sales tech tell me that Target does sell without a contract.

I was wondering if anyone ever did this? Also would you have to prove service with the carrier? For instance I know some VZ customers pay full price to keep their unlimited plans, so I guess I could see Target or another of these stores selling to them if they give their VZ phone number, etc.

What I really want to do is buy a VZ phone at Target and use it on my Tmobile plan. Is that possible?

And I know I can just go ask at Target, but I'd actually trust hearing more from someone who's done it than from a sales person. I can see them saying "sure it's possible" and then getting to the point in the sale where they have to enter your VZ account info and being stuck.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

When I tried to grab one on launch last year they told me no. It's entirely possible that the store manager simple decides on launch day, when stock is low, that all must come with a contract though. Anyway, at the very least, it seems to be up to the store.