Target Mobile Pre Order for iPhone 6/6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBSubliminal, Sep 11, 2014.

1. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Does anyone know how they are doing it this year?

2. chanc macrumors member

chanc

I'd like to know as well and what's the previous year's pre-order experience like ? I've never pre-ordered through Target before.

I assume the pre-order is store specific ? That is, you have to select a store, go in person to pre-order and cross your fingers that the store that you've selected will get a decent amount of inventory on launch day ?

3. vaultwit macrumors regular

Anyone have any additional info on this? Is Target going an official inventory-based pre-order this time around?

Last year they just wrote peoples names down in a list, and they would be the first ones to get the phones...once they arrived. Problem is, they didn't arrive for weeks after launch date.

4. viachicago22 macrumors 6502

viachicago22

That's what they are doing this time again. So while I was the first person at my store to preorder, there's no guarantee that that specific phone (plus, 64gb, space gray) will show up at that store. It could be the 19th...or it could be months. Or maybe the dude that works there will just let his friends buy it first. There's no accountability or guarantee. Very much less than ideal.

5. Spark Yunker macrumors newbie

I was told that I will receive an email when supplies are known to the store and to call the number in the e-mail to make an appointment to pick up the phone. As of 4:39 pm 9/17/2014 CST no e-mail. Limited quantities so be sure to call the instant you get the e-mail. I pre-ordered on the 12th at an Omaha, NE location.

Apple told me that the Kansas City location was getting a huge inventory and could guarantee a phone on launch day. That's a two hour drive I might make if Target doesn't come through.

6. viachicago22 macrumors 6502

viachicago22

FYI there's a more active thread on this topic here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1776965

7. guberjoey macrumors newbie

Target is a piece of crap. I'm never ordering through them again.