All iPads Target offering iPad Air for $479+100 gift card

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kinny, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Kinny macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but for anyone considering buying an iPad Air or iPad mini Target has a great Black Friday deal coming up.

With the purchase of any size iPad Air (base starting at $479) you receive a $100 Target gift card. With the purchase of the iPad Mini Retina you receive a $50 Target gift card. Pretty great deal if you're willing to deal with the crowds that night.

This deal goes for all the iPads even the with the purchase of any iPad 2 you receive the $100 gift card. Hope this information helps someone.

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Good luck having one... They probably will have 2 in stock lol

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Macrumors already posted this... Great deal though.

4. JustCrusin macrumors member

^
    |
    |
    This. Been waiting for my Target to have a one is stock so I can use my 10% off. Unless they are holding some back for this offer.

5. WalledMacGarden macrumors regular

I heard it was all weekend... Anyone know if its just Friday or all weekend? of course they may all sell out Friday.

6. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

uhm its called black friday not black weekend. LMFAO

7. WalledMacGarden macrumors regular

Uhm...you are aware sales will be all weekend, a few sites listed the offer at Target as the 28-30 for the gift cards, I'm trying to verify if the offer is only Friday.

FYI many refer to it as black weekend, there is even sites that use the name black weekend sales and stores use the name black weekend.

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Even if it is, they will most likely be sold out.

9. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

yea that, plan on waiting in line over night if u do

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

That'll be interesting since they open at 8pm Thanksgiving day...

WalledMeGardn: why not just look though the Target ad?

11. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

not worth the wait/hassle IMO when micro center has the ipad air for $40 off now.

12. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Assuming the iPad air is in stock online at Target, can't someone just buy it online and bring it in on Black Friday and return and repurchase it to get the lower price and $100 gift card? Seems like a way to avoid the crowds.

13. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I have been wondering the exact same thing.

14. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

That worked for me last year, however this year their price match policy changed:

"Ad exclusions:

Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity.
    Black Friday ads (including adjusting prices for previously purchased items).
    Pricing or typographical errors."

15. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Well my curiosity got the better of me so I stopped in a Target store to find out. I spoke with the manager in customer service, and he told me that I would not be able to re-purchase an iPad that I had just returned. He said their process is that once they accept an item for return, its serial number gets deleted from their inventory and they physically can't complete the sale of the same item.

16. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Many who? I have never heard of anyone refer to black weekend.

17. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Though the term is not common, sales dates sometimes include the weekend. In this case, I really do not think it matters. They will be gone within an hour of availability... probably way less.

18. Richard8655 macrumors 6502

This is just as I thought. A returned item enters Target's returns processing system and can't be resold again. If never opened, the item may wind up back on the shelf or stock at a later date. But this strategy won't work, unfortunately.

19. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I just got a price adjustment on the mini I bought (32gb), and she had to return it twice to get it to adjust correctly.... Maybe even three times.

But overall, you aren't going to get them to price match for something you bought early.

20. iosuser macrumors 6502a

It's BS. I did a return/rebuy twice recently. One on my iPad Air, because I took advantage or their iPad 1 $200 trade in, they did the return/rebuy so that I can use that $200 credit. Another was on a Nintendo 3DS XL, after I bought it Best Buy had it on sale for $30 less. Returned/rebought no problem. Serial number is scanned and printed on the sales receipt on game consoles too.

They can but they won't, especially on Black Friday sale items.

PS I had to ask while I was there, if I can return/rebuy for BF sale. Of course not. Plus they're handing out tickets for the iPad sale. No chance you'll get that deal unless you're the within the first few people inline.

21. sixrom macrumors 6502a

Avoid what?
    When?
    Ha...Ha...Ha...