Target online order now open with in store pickup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trackhead37, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Trackhead37 macrumors newbie

Just realized it just opened up a little bit ago. You can do in Store pickup with Target

2. BooSaintHeavens macrumors newbie

BooSaintHeavens

Doesn’t look like any stock

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

4. crewsix macrumors newbie

one store near me allowed me to online order space grey 256 gb. Might depend on when the particular store updates their stock. I’d keep checking throughout the night

5. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

For an in store pickup today?

6. crewsix macrumors newbie

Yeah that is what my order says. Hopefully it isn’t too good to be true and wasn’t just a glitch at this particular store

7. Jmoc916 macrumors member

I heard it was only in store. I have one pre ordered but hope to go there an hour early to grab another for my girlfriend. I feel target doesn’t get as much traffic
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    Also even some stores that says some are available don’t let you do anything with it. I think it was a glitch. They have stated in store pickup since they didn’t open pre orders

8. Trackhead37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Depends on where you are. I have two stores by me in Long Island with stock of 256GB for ATT, Verizon and Sprint. The only thing is they only do financing, you can't pay it off up front. But yes, it depends on when your particular store updates stock. Prior to those two stores updating, it showed limited availability, which is what I see for all stores that seem to have not updated yet. Keep checking and you'll probably be able to do it if okay with financing. I just announced it to everyone in the line at my Apple Store, started it quietly, telling those towards back of line first.
    It is in store only but you can also order online for in store pickup. Someone had mentioned they do this and no problems. May piss off people waiting in line there though if people buy up all the ones they have, lol. And some have ordered it already tonight from my line, it's not a glitch, only time they don't allow it, I've found, is on Black Friday deals.

9. braz989 macrumors newbie

If you can’t pay for it in full, can I pay for the loan all at once by calling citizen or whoever it’s through?

10. Jmoc916 macrumors member

Yeah what is needed to do plans? I have a payoff on my previous phone. Was just gonna pay in full

11. Trackhead37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Someone specifically that has ATT on my line said they only let you pay up to 30% of it. Only work I told her about is, if you go with a new line of service with a different carrier and start new service, you could technically cancel the service right away after getting the phone, then the full amount becomes due; pay it off and then do what you want as phone is fully yours after paying it off. One way to get it in hand today and not have to wait months for it
    You'd select your carrier and when it checks with your carrier after entering your info, you'd see what your options are for getting it based on your current service with them.

12. braz989 macrumors newbie

Local targets are showing limited availability and won’t let me purchase for in store pickup. It actually has to say in stock to go through with the actual in store pickup correct?

13. Trackhead37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, sounds like the other person who replied to you went ahead and did it. You have to pick it up within 24 hours based on the info provided when I went through it to check it out. I have T-Mobile so it's no good for me but figured posting that it was up would help others.
    Yes it has to say In Stock. If it's showing limited availability those stores haven't updated their stock yet and you should keep checking. Possible that some won't update and will only sell to those in line but so far I started with 2 stores in stock and now show a 3rd one that switched from limited availability to In Stock.

14. LasersGoPewPew macrumors regular

LasersGoPewPew

I bought my AT&T 7+ last year at Target but they only did carrier financing and wouldn’t let me pay in full. So what the sales rep did was allow me to make a down payment for the full amount minus one cent so then all I had to do was pay off the one cent through AT&T.

15. Trackhead37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice idea if that's generally allowed.

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Stores around me say "limited quantity" and thus don't allow in store. Can't buy outright anyway so that isn't an option for me on TMO. Would have snagged one with red card though if I could have in NH. I'd have saved over $100 with the savings plus lack of taxes haha.