Target only carrying the Verizon Model?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Coleman2010, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Yesterday I called every Target in the NYC area and also went to the Target in Valley Stream Long Island. From the feedback I got they only have the Verizon 3G model. Not AT&T. While I was at the Valley Stream Target the manager told me they received shipment of more iPad 2s. ALL of the 3G models were Verizon.

Has anyone purchased an AT&T 3G model from Target?

2. sanford macrumors 65816

Have no idea. I'm in Dallas area. I'm going to cycle up to a local Target today, check the games they have for buy one get one half off. I'll see if they have any 3G iPad 2s, and if so, which carrier(s) are available.

3. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

From all of the calls I have made it seems like they are only getting the Verizon model. Let me know if they are carrying the AT&T model.

4. jrm21 macrumors newbie

Sorry I can't help you. The Target in Farmingdale had nothing in stock so I don't know which models they received.

Are you saying that the Valley Stream Target has stock on Verizon models? Or did they come in and sell out on Saturday?

5. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

They had stock of 64G Black Verizon models and received more stock while I was at the store. They received Wifi only models and more Verizon models.

6. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

I spent 7 hours iPad 2 hunting all over the NYC area yesterday and Target seemed to be the only store that had not sold out, or received more shipment early Saturday.

7. jrm21 macrumors newbie

Thanks

8. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

I just called 2 Brooklyn Targets. They have stock of the Verizon model. :(

9. alan111 macrumors regular

Liar. I just called all 4 of them and they said no stock. Which ones said they have stock?

10. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

I called all of the stores in Brooklyn and Queens and 3 of the stores I called had stock of the Verizon model. Go to the target find a store website and start calling like I did and you'll come across the ones with stock. I'm calling the Bronx stores now and so far Bronx Terminal has Verizon stock.

And watch how you throw the word Liar around. I am not a liar!

11. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

Bronx Riverdale has 32 & 64 Verizon models in Black.

12. jrm21 macrumors newbie

Thanks much for the tip.

As of this morning, Valley Stream Target had 3 Verizon 64GB black. I drove down and picked up one - 2 still remain. Store was pretty empty so it didn't look like the few remaining ones were going fast. They also had at least one 32GB Verizon/black as well.

13. Coleman2010 thread starter macrumors 68000

Great I could help! If you hear of any locations with a 64GB Black AT&T model please shoot me a PM.

14. jrm21 macrumors newbie

Absolutely - I would be delighted to return the favor. I will need to go to some malls this week with Apple stores and someone in my house will be at Target and/or BestBuy for one reason or another. I will make a point to check on AT&T models and let you know if we find anything.