Target Resale Price for 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rosemary1, Oct 8, 2011.

1. rosemary1 macrumors regular

I'll be getting the 4S next week, which means it's (finally) time to pass the torch that is my 3GS. It's been a good phone to me, but it's time.

I'd really like to get at least $300 for it - is this realistic?

32GB, black
    No scratches on the screen.
    Extremely minimal scratching on the back. It's lived in a CandyShell case its entire life.
    Battery could stand to be replaced, but isn't horrible.
    I still have the original box and documents, still in brand new condition.

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

YOur looking at 175-250 realistically. Maybe 275.

3. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

It's worth what someone will pay for it. Period.

If you want $300, ask $300. The market will ultimately determine the selling price.

4. kromix macrumors member

So Profound :)

5. rosemary1 thread starter macrumors regular

:rolleyes:

I was asking for opinions on a realistic price to get. I absolutely plan on trying to get $300, but if I can't, having opinions to gauge how much less I should go would be handy.

6. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

$300? damn, I'm selling my iP4 32GB Black for $300 and that's with baseband 1.59.00 and 4.3.3 jb'ed.

I think you are gonna be looking at $100 tops.

7. rosemary1 thread starter macrumors regular

Now that's ridiculous. All of the buyback offers from eBay/Amazon are giving at least $200.

8. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

sorry, I was just guessing that's the price I would bid. Since the iP4 8GB can be had for $99, normally people close both eyes when signing the 2 year contract and only open both eyes to see the $99 pricing.

9. cobaltrich27, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

I sold my 16G 3GS at Target couple weeks ago for a $120 in store gift card.

The unit was starting to act funny, keys wouldnt work on left side of keyboard actually the whole left bottom area. I gave it to them with iOS5 Beta jailbroken and was hoping they didnt want to reboot it on the spot for any reason LOL.

I didnt want to mess with Ebay issues with the intermittent defective touch area but it was working just fine when I took it in so I hope they have a good refurb tester LOL.

You can get the same database price info here at Nextworth is same that they look at in the Target stores:

http://nextworth.com/search/1/cat/iphones/sub/iphone_3gs/

Looks like the 32G 3GS is going for $155 right now.

I like the idea of going into the store better than using the mail in at Nextworth. I have done the mail in and they screw you. They never give you top dollar and you cant get the item back you just get screwed they say it was scratched etc but in store you have the option. Also in store they really dont care they just login to the site and give you the money LOL.

You say good condition for yours then I would sell it on Ebay if I were you and dont forget to turn it off with full battery charge before you mail it.

10. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I agree the $175-200 seems realistic. More than that seems a little high for a two year old phone with (no doubt) ebbing battery life.