Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Expecto

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
That's it. Depiction was correct. I did order an 8GB. I guess the 8GB ones are far more backordered than the 16's. Hey California King, you get yours yet?

California King

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
It says out for delivery! OMG, I seriously have never been this excited in a long time! :D haha

I hope it's everything I want it to be and more!

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
Mine finally arrived a couple hours ago... today was a very long day waiting for it lol

it seems great, but I just want my invisible skin to get here so I can stick it on the back of it.

California King

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I finally got my iPod touch! I'm liking it a lot so far. The keyboard is pretty easy to use. I'm already using two fingers. Worth the wait!

kb3

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2007
yes this was def worth the wait and as a matter of fact I am typing this message on it right now at work:D

Expecto

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
I'm happy you all got yours. Really...I am. However, I'll shamelessly whine about the fact that Target hasn't shipped my 8gb. Oh well, I'll wait at least until the 19th.:rolleyes: Have fun with your devices!

California King

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I'm happy you all got yours. Really...I am. However, I'll shamelessly whine about the fact that Target hasn't shipped my 8gb. Oh well, I'll wait at least until the 19th.:rolleyes: Have fun with your devices!

When did you order your's? Mine took about 2 weeks from the day I ordered. I got a week 38. Updated it to 1.1.1 and thankfully, it still looks great! :D

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
Mine,which I ordered this past Saturday,is a week 38 as well. It looks fine as far as I can tell and i dont think I'll do any of the "tests" out there to see if it's absolutely flawless.... It looks great and I don't want to make myself dissatisfied somehow unless it's something more obvious.

Btw, this post is from my iPod touch :D

Edit: I didn't have to update this firmware... It was already up to date

Expecto

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
I ordered last tuesday, October 2nd. I have spoken w/ target.com and they said that 8gb shipments are expected the 14th and the 31st or 1st (couldn't understand her, I was in a crowded mall). With ground shipping that puts me at Oct. 17-19 or Nov. 1-4.

phytonix

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
i ordered today and it says:

Shipping estimate for these items: November 7, 2007
:eek::eek::eek:

I am not going to open it until they enable calendar editing.
Wait a while if not then I will sell it or return it.

Vandi423

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
Good news guys. I ordered an 8GB and it says shipping soon. Yesterday it said it wouldn't ship till Nov. 15. However, the delivery estimate says Nov. 20 but I no longer have a shipping estimate. I ordered on October 3rd.

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. :)

California King

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
yeah. I think everyone had a November delivery date but it seems that everyone is getting theirs within one to three weeks.

Expecto

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
Mine also switched to shipping soon today. How long did it take after shipping soon to ship for those who have theirs?

depiction

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2005
Mine also switched to shipping soon today. How long did it take after shipping soon to ship for those who have theirs?

My status changed to "Shipping Soon" very late Monday night. I got the "Your item has shipped" e-mail at 2AM this morning. However, the UPS tracking code says that UPS was notified to pickup the package yesterday afternoon around 4PM. As of now, mine is still waiting to be picked up by UPS.

Vandi423

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
I got the Shipped E-mail today at 6:13PM PST. I got UPS 2-Day for free so it should be here by Friday. :D

Expecto

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
I'm kind of anxious, becuase I've yet to receive that e-mail, and Vandi ordered after me.:( I might call target.com again today and see what's up.

fussion101

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2007
spoke too soon...

status just updated "CARRIER NOTIFIED TO PICK UP PACKAGE" Estimated Arrival: Nov 28, 2007

:eek::eek: I also ordered a 80gb classic and I got a tracking# 2 days ago but UPS never picked up the package from target. Its friday so now I have to wait even longer:rolleyes:....

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
I ordered a 16GB iPod Touch just right now from Target.com.

Used my Target Card promotion and asked for 2-day shipping, came out to about $408 after tax.

*sigh* I'm really sad because Estimated Shipping 11/12 - 11/26, and Estimated Delivery is 11/14 - 11/28.

Any chance that that could get change? I'd really hate to have to wait for a month for this, the reason I bought a touch is to fulfill my hacking needs. My hacking needs needed to be fulfilled yesterday=(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.