Target will use CurrentC in 2015; will have Target Rewards and Pharmacy Rewards

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dannyyankou, Nov 26, 2014.

1. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I came across in the break room at the Target I work at. It's in Spanish so I tried my best to translate.

Not good news for iPhone 6 customers.

"CurrentC, our application "mobile wallet" began to be offered in the pilot stores in October, and will join the Target application when extended to stores around the country in 2015. CurrentC allows customers to pay using Cartwheel, claim Target Rewards and Pharmacy Rewards and more with your smartphone. It is not only super-convenient for customers, but also tremendous for our business: when customers pay with CurrentC, we save fees we charge our customers and we can make them more special offers directly via their phones (Bonus team members: CurrentC automatically included in the income his team member discount). And purpose of this, watch for other firsts related to Apple Pay, a simple and secure application for customers using Target application on your iPhone 6 to buy online"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I knew it was being tested in some stores already. They have a "mobile payment" option added on the register. Press that, scan the phone... and it did include cartwheel and tm discount.

It is a bummer.... and they are going to confuse the customer with ApplePay online, and not in the store.

I guess we could go shopping, load the cart up, go stand by guest services and order it online for pick-up?!?! :p

I wonder if I will get that issue of Red? I was bummed to have not got one more set of coupons before I quit.

Hang in there this weekend - hope your store is feeding you well!

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The last bit of that paragraph indicates Apple Pay will also be supported. That's OK, nothing wrong with choice.

This way the market will decide what it wants to use. The problem is with retailers only offering CurrentC which looks like a less secure, less convenient mobile pay option.

4. dannyyankou thread starter macrumors 604

dannyyankou

No, it means Apple Pay will be supported online in the Target app. Just poor translation.