Target's End-of-the-Year iPad Deals: $250 for 32GB 9.7-inch iPad and $300 for 128GB iPad mini 4

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 28, 2017.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

I got the last one and they still don’t have any more. The lady at target said Jan 3 is their next freight.

2. Mainsail macrumors 6502a

I think the base 2017 iPad is a steal for $250. This summer, I bought mine for ~$300. My son had baseball tournaments all summer that required traveling, and it was very convenient to bring the iPad along. I also find it to be useful for "light" productivity tasks, which is fine for me, since I almost never have to do any heavy computer lifting whilst on-the-go. The 2017 iPad really is a great value.

3. minik macrumors 65816

So far I only skipped a few model of iPads (e.g. iPad Air series and later model of 9.7-inch iPad), the iPad mini form factor is still my favorite. I asked for the iPad mini 2 from work and it's still on iOS 9.3.5 today. I thought about updating it to iOS 11.x just to patch the outstanding security flaws. It's still a very capable iPad for what I do, when I browse the web I pick up the iPad Pro.

4. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

Don't hold your breath. My 2nd gen 12.9 has the problem occurred also, on some webpages. Not sure it's Apple or crappy web designers.

5. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

I haven’t had a webpage not load, but then again, I only visit a few websites such as: Engadget, Facebook, Newser, etc. I don’t really go into a variety of websites so I have yet to see the unloadable screen yet. Keyword, yet.

6. thingstoponder macrumors 6502

thingstoponder

I got mine a couple days ago and it had the newest version of iOS 10. Upgraded to iOS 11 and its just as fast. You have nothing to worry about.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 29, 2017 ---
    Some websites are just terrible and use gigs of ram. Blame them.

7. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

Yes, this. The iPad Mini 4 is still a really good device. I got mine with the mid-year $299 sales at Best Buy, and I'm still VERY happy with it on the latest iOS. I always update right away, and haven't had any issues with it at all. Definitely recommend it for anyone who likes that form factor.
    Yes, the mini4 fixed the keyboard lag I was getting with my mini2. And you can do the split screen stuff, although I always forget the actual actions to do those things, so I don't often use it.

8. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

I don’t think I’ve seen a mini yet. I do like the iPad for its size. However, my only concern would be the A8X versus the A9 - in speed they’re almost equivalent. In terms of cores, yes the mini has 1 more. From what I’ve seen people really like the Mini so I hope they keep it updated like the iPad 5th Gen. =)

9. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    Yep. You'd have to pry my iPad minis from my cold dead hands! :D

10. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

I’ll be charitable and blame the ad insertion companies ;)

11. thingstoponder macrumors 6502

thingstoponder

I would but you also see a lot of sites that use a lot of ads yet have small websites. There seems to be no correlation between amount of content and website size sadly.

12. Rockadile macrumors 6502

Did you actually buy it recently to claim it ships with 11 or are you talking out of your butt?

I bought a mini 4 during black friday and it came with 10.3.3

13. mcalict macrumors newbie

So you're saying it shows on the box (without opening it) which iOS version it shipped with?
    I should have said I'm confused by this. I'm looking at my older iPad Mini 2 box and I don't see anywhere on the stickers on the back of the box what iOS version it shipped with. Unless it was on a sticker on the plastic wrap that's long since gone.

Can you clarify "where" the iOS version shows on the box?

14. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Not the OS version, there will be a number on there for the serial number. Use that and look it up online to see when it was made. Then based on date you'll know approximately what OS is installed on it.

15. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

I’m curious. When Apple releases a new iOS version, do they take what hasn’t shipped and upgrade or is it pretty much for new devices only?

16. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

There is too much inventory out there with their suppliers and their retail stores, they sell through current stock for Apple, never heard of them pulling anything due to updates.
    Although when restoring or setting up a new iPad they prompt for the update anyways

17. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

I was curious about how that played out. :)

18. TimeSquareDesi macrumors 6502

TimeSquareDesi

Just wondering - what is the Costco pi car for the 32gb iPad 9.7”? I just order d 2 from target at 249.99 each and target gave me an additional 5% off because I used my target card :) just wondering how much better the Costco deal is.

Thanks.

19. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    My new iPad mini 4 was delivered to my porch yesterday, and I used it all today.

Yesterday I set it up to restore from an iTunes backup of my original iPad, and although that device's bookmarks got messed up because of an IE merge option, the new iPad is just glorious.

So far no web reloads, I love split screen, and the extra RAM, storage and speed are great improvements.

The only glitch was discovering that I needed a slightly longer case, but that's fine.

Summary: wish I'd upgraded long ago!!

20. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

I’ve been wondering why I never got one sooner. These things are awesome. I did the iPad 5th Gen instead of the mini, but dang these things are great for... everything really.

Did you get the mini with 128GB or are there different sizes?

21. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

I noticed last night Target is having deals for 9.7 iPad Pros ($250 off original retail) - $349 32GB, $449 128GB, $549 256GB, in store pick-up only. the only ones they had locally were 32GB Gold and 256GB Space Grey

22. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

If it was second gen I’d take my iPad back and get that :). It shows as first gen for the 349 for me.

23. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

-
    Its still a pro so it has better specs for the price. I got one of each so I’m debating for the small price gap keeping the pro, they give you 90days which is a bit much but definitely nice

24. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

They only make and sell the mini4 in 128GB now, so if you have otherwise, it's an older unit.