Targus Bag +Sleeve+Grip Vue+iPad *PICTURES*

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by JohnRN, Apr 13, 2010.

1. JohnRN macrumors member

JohnRN

So I saw this at Best Buy in the Netbook section and it got me thinking about using it for my iPad. Well I started to think about how I could use this and how to best tote around my iPad when I travel. Well this is what I came up with.

The first pic show the Targus Bag, the Ipad with the Belkin Grip Vue case, BT keyboard and the Incase Neoprene Sleeve.

The second pic also show the iPad with case on going into the Incase Neoprene sleeve. It is a tight fit but it does go in.

The third is of the iPad in the sleeve inside the Bag.

Fourth Picture is from the top with iPad in the sleeve in the bag

Fifth picture is from the top with the BT keyboard now added into the bag. It also barely fits but will slide down all the way to the bottom of the bag. :)

Sixth picture is of the front pocket zipped down. Plenty of space for things like chargers stands, etc

Seventh pic is the bag closed up. Inside is the iPad with Case in the sleeve with the BT keyboard. It fits great.

Hope you like it. Will be great for when I travel, and then when I get to the destination can just grab the sleeve and go. :) You could also ditch the sleeve or just go naked even the pocket is padded. :)

John

Attached Files:

2. JohnRN thread starter macrumors member

JohnRN

Photos six and seven here. :)

Attached Files:

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Now that's what i call protection. Im having a similar setup - Incase Slip Sleeve with a silicone case on my iPad.

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Picked up this same bag today. It's a great fit and I like the look. Enough space for all the things I need/want to carry on a day to day. I'm using the apple ipad case.

5. Iceage macrumors 6502

I've got the same bag but with the SGP anti fingerprint LCD protection film, the BookGem and the Belkin Grip Vue Clear. Total cost: $115 without the bluetooth keyboard. Everything fits in the Targus bag and still have place for the charging cable and other documents, pens, iPhone, ...

Attached Files:

6. The General macrumors 601

all that **** seems like it would entirely negate the convenience and portability of the ipad. thats like eating a bag of a bag of individually wrapped starbursts.

i would hate my life.

7. JohnRN thread starter macrumors member

JohnRN

Nah general if anything it makes it more portable. :). It's a great setup.

8. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

lol

13" Macbook Pro would fit nicely in that bag

9. ZooGue macrumors member

Tim Angel's Reply

How could people use such a huge bag for an iPad. You might as well have a laptop. blows my mind, I just don't understand.

10. ZooGue macrumors member

Tim Angel's Reply

hahahahahahahahaahah

11. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

How is a 10.75" x 12.75" x 3" bag huge?

12. JohnRN thread starter macrumors member

JohnRN

Too big, the BT keyboard barely fits. It's a very small bag.

13. tsqrd macrumors newbie

Just purchased all of the pieces to complete this setup, thanks for the idea :)

Mind if I ask where you found the background image that is on your iPad John?

14. JohnRN thread starter macrumors member

JohnRN

You're most welcome. It's a great little set up. I'm really pleased with it. Took it out to a meeting last night and it worked great.

Here is where I got the picture at. It's a bunch of Hubble Telescope photos. I use about 40 of them on my macs as wallpaper. Just have them change randomly every five minutes or so. :) Figure I might as well put one of them on my iPad as well.

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/wallpaper/

15. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

After reading this post and seeing the pictures,

I went to the closest best buy and purchased this. I do like how you can fit the keyboard and the ipad in there. And it fits snug. i have yet to know if I will need a net book case for this. maybe i'm going overboard using the case.

But it will be good to use when i get on a airplane.

16. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I saw this case the other day at Best Buy and thought that it looked pretty sharp. I will probably will end up getting this to carry my iPad and accessories on my next payday.

Right now I am using the Apple Case for the iPad as opposed to the Belkin Clear Vue. I don't see myself getting the keyboard yet, I am pretty comfortable with the on screen keyboard.

17. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I had the same idea with a netbook bag on amazon. Clever sellers are marketing them as iPad bags. :p

18. JohnRN thread starter macrumors member

JohnRN

I'm glad that the post/photos helped you out. The more I look at the Incase the more I realize that I probably really don't need it for what I do. I just didn't want my iPad flopping around inside of the Targus bag. :) I'm not sure if I would still have purchased the incase bag had I done this all over again.

John

19. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Here is another question for you john. Do you feel the need for the BT Keyboard in the case. I know that the Targus gives you the option the carry the BT keyboard. But could you be carry more stuff than you need. You could always just leave the keyboard at your desk when you need to type or something. Wouldn't trying to find the smallest minimialistical case possible make the ipad that much more special.

I understand if you are writer or a journalist or something.

20. JohnRN thread starter macrumors member

JohnRN

Hey D,
    For me having the minimalistic case isn't that important, I like being able to carry everything in that tiny little pack. For me the BT keyboard is pretty important. As a gradstudent (Acute Care Nurse Practitioner), when I'm needing to type up a case in the hospital, I need to be able to do it quickly, I just can't do it as quickly and as precisely as I need to on the onscreen keyboard. I can just whip out my ipad and and keyboard and go to town.

I also find it really helpful when I'm in class trying to take notes. Just so much more convenient to have that keyboard there instead of trying to type on the ipad. I'm used to laying my hands on the keys when I type so when I'm trying to do it on the ipad you touch the screen and it automatically types it. I know go figure you touch a touch screen it puts down the letters and I'm complaining about it.

Does that make any sense?

John

21. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I bought the Targus bag today. The iPad in the Apple case fits perfectly inside the main compartment. In the flapped accessory compartment I my Verizon MiFi card and I can pit the charger and sync cable in there (for both the MiFi and iPad). I can also carry a few pens and papers if needed. It's small and lightweight and like all other Targus Bags looks great and is durable. I can even keep my iPod Clasic and iPhone 3G in it if I so desired.

I highly recomment this bag.

22. dbagchee macrumors member

How snug is the incase sleeve with the grip vue on? Do you have to force it in? I'm wondering if the Netbook sleeve might fit better.

23. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Got the same case, but I believe I saw it at Office Max for a few dollars less.

24. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I just picked one up yesterday. It can also store the keyboard dock in a pinch, though I'll now probably pick up the wireless keyboard for it. It is the best alternative that I've seen for transporting the iPad, accessories, and few additional books, pads, etc. Far superior to carrying a "murse".

25. soxfanreggie macrumors regular

Great choice on the Crab Nebula. I might have to switch between that and the SuperNova.