Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rylenolflu

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Hey everyone, so I have a Powerbook G4 and I am using a Targus Mini Kaleidoscope optical mouse that has colorful LED lights that change colors. My problem is that my mac won't go to sleep. Is it possible that the lights in the mouse are causing my system to think that it is still being used, thus not allowing my laptop to go into sleep mode? Basically, I'm trying to figure out why my mac isn't going to sleep with this mouse plugged in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

macsrules

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
rylenolflu Hey everyone, so I have a Powerbook G4 and I am using a Targus Mini Kaleidoscope optical mouse that has colorful LED lights that change colors. My problem is that my mac won't go to sleep. Is it possible that the lights in the mouse are causing my system to think that it is still being used, thus not allowing my laptop to go into sleep mode? Basically, I'm trying to figure out why my mac isn't going to sleep with this mouse plugged in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure what version of OS X you are using but here we go. I have enclosed two screen shots from Leopard. These are two things you can check. In your system preferences click on the one that says Energy Saver, then make sure all the settings are set properly in here as far as putting the computer to sleep when not using it.

If that does not work and you end up wanting to get another mouse, switch to a trackball, you will wander how you ever did without it after using it. This is my fav http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/trackballs/devices/156&cl=us,en

Hope this helped:D

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 63
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.