Targus New Cases

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mr.DD216, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Mr.DD216 macrumors member

So I'm really NOT A fan of the smart cover since it doesn't protect the back of the iPad & just isn't good enough to me so I want the new Targus Versavu Case. The thing is…websites are saying tht the cases are already available but amazon says that u can Pre order (implying that they haven't been released yet) so does anybody know wats going on? I need this case before Friday & I'm thinking about just preordering it & see when it gets here. I'll be afraid to take it out the house without a cover lol

2. str8bucs macrumors regular

I got the Versavue at BestBuy but the downside is the magnet feature does not work. I tried every case in the store and no luck:rolleyes:

I don't use the feature anyway, but I do like the function of the case.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That Targus rear shell for the 3 has got to be available in the US someplace....Amazon don't have it in the UK either, but I tracked it down online and in stock at JL....a search should find it for you over there.

4. Dynasty82 macrumors newbie

Targus cases

I have the Targus Vuscape case and love it. I noticed that some people have had problems with the auto on/off magnet but mine workds just fine. Its a nice low profile case and has all the features i need.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The Targus slim case DOES NOT WORK. Fits good but no sleep. I dislike the Targus Versavue as I hate those giant "fingers" wrapping around the bezel AND some say it does not put the iPad to sleep.

Targus said it would be 6-8 weeks to get out the new cases.

I am going to just use the smartcover I got for the iPad 1 for a while until these people get it right!

6. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I've been saying it in lots of different threads, but it bears repeating:

If you like front AND back protection but you like to use the real Smart Cover, the back snap on covers are great. I prefer the Belkin stuff to anything else, and the Belkin Snap Shield for iPad 2 fits like a glove on the iPad 3. It has a notch in the side too, so you can still use your Smart Cover.

I love the combination of back snap on/Smart Cover. Keeps everything thin and light.