Targus Slim magnets STILL not working?!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RedlegsFan, May 4, 2012.

1. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

So for my second iPad I decided to purchase another Targus Slim case, figuring the ones in the stores (Best Buy) would all be the working ones since they have had plenty of time to switch out the inventory...but nope! Just grabbed one tonight, got home and tried it out on my iPad 3 and it's not working. It's very frustrating! Already been through this a few weeks ago. They ended up sending me a new one that didn't work.... So now, I guess I am just angry. Should I call targus or take it back and try again. Just not too confident in targus since they sent another malfunctioning case during my first run in with this case.

Suggestions?

2. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

I took it back to Best Buy today and exchange it for another slim case and what do you know, the magnets still don't work correctly on this new one. I have the worst luck. I love the case but the magnet issue bugs me! I figured by now this issue would be over as new working cases would be in stores

3. MsBeauty macrumors member

Why Targus?? one of the ugliest cases! It is so bulky and out of fashion??

Just return in and get the $$ bacK!!

4. Ankah macrumors newbie

i had / have same problem

Targus sent me the first, magnets worked to good, turned off while in book mode every time.

target tried again sent me another case. magnet half the time turns off ipad while in book mode.( marketing even said they tested it themselves )

said screw it returned origional case back to amazon ( was still within window ).

took the 2nd case that targus gave me , ripped the magnet out, same with other.

3 cases total, none of them worked right. so returned the first back to amazon for money back, and because targus said i didnt have to return the first or 2nd case, kept those. even though i got 2 free cases, still wasnt worth it and wont buy targus again

5. echos macrumors newbie

It will take a lot of money for BestBuy to return the inventory to Targus and get new ones, so I believe they will just silently sell our the inventory. If you really want a Targus, I suggest you wait at least three months.

6. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sure Targus would recall the cases and pay to have them sent back, it's not Best Buys fault

7. ridingforlife macrumors member

Unfortunately... still doesn't work.

Just bought one today at London Drugs, forgot that I had read about this problem online. I may contact Targus about it. It is now June after all, you'd think they would have a working product out on the shelf.

8. ridingforlife macrumors member

Well I just talked someone from Targus via live chat... apparently they have two versions of the case. I got one without the magnetic feature because it doesn't say so on the packaging, though no where on their website does it say there are two versions (and most likely the one I have is just one of the original ones that doesn't work since Apple changed the polarity of the magnet and they still want to sell them).

Anyways... the ones that DO work are on backorder (in June, really?) so it could take 6-8 weeks before they send me one, but I'm glad they are and I get to keep this one.

If they're going to have "two" versions, they should really make it more clear, and sell the one without the magnetic feature at a lower price.