Task Manager for Windows controlled via iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tocheeba, Oct 7, 2010.

1. tocheeba macrumors member

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this, but I couldn't determine where this best fits.

I have a HTPC setup in my living room. So obviously there is no mouse/keyboard actively hooked up to it. If I'm not at home, and something remotely crashes, etc, and my girlfriend is wanting to watch something, she gets confused and can't launch my media center apps.

So in short, I was seeing if there was an iPhone program that would let me control "taskmgr.exe" or as most know it as Windows Task Manager. Ideally I would want to start programs or end processes just like you can when you CTRL+ALT+DEL. So if I was out somewhere, I could launch "XBMC.EXE" or end the process in case it stops responding, etc.

I have used AirMouse before, but I can only get it to work on the local network...and i can launch shortcut programs from it, but not control task manager or end processes.

And on a side note, is there any system information monitoring for Windows on an iPhone as well? (monitor network/memory/processor remotely).

Any jailbroken app would work for me as well, but preferably something from the official AppStore.

Thanks!!!

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Sounds like you need a remote desktop app. I personally own LogMeIn (29.99) but you can try VNC lite for free and see if it allows you to access the task manager.