Task/Planning iPhone App Advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uneek78, Nov 23, 2008.

1. uneek78 macrumors newbie

Does anybody have experience using all of these task/planning programs for the iPhone:

1. Things $9.99
    2. Todo $9.99
    3. OmniFocus $19.99

I want to make the best purchase possible.

2. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I have experience with TODO....which I used until Toodledo came out. I was using TODO and syncing with Toodledo online so it made since to give Toodledo a try. TODO was torquing me off because I also had Appigo's Notes program and was running into data issues when I was syncing both with Toodledo.

Switched to Toodledo a couple of weeks ago and not looking back. It supports subtasks which makes it work much better for tracking work projects with multiple tasks.

I hear lots of good things about Things as well....no pun intended :D but I don't have any direct experience with it or Omnifocus.

Steve

3. uneek78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx.......all advice is good for me. I know the apps aren't really that expensive, but I like getting the best the 1st time around. I'm hoping user experiences like yours could help me make my decision.

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I've used those 3 apps and right now I'm using OmniFocus. I love it, although it may be an overkill for most people's needs. Between Things and Todo I like Todo better.

Edit: In the Omnifocus website there's a quickstart video of the app, you can check it out to see what you think.

5. uneek78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks........I'll go check out the video right now!

6. ec51 macrumors 6502

CalTasks is the best - $1 and it syncs over wifi with your iCal Tasks.

7. pol0001 macrumors 6502

pol0001

I use Things in connection with the desktop version of the program. (Mac only) Works like a charm. The only negative thing is, that Things has no alarms.

8. uneek78 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have definetely decided I will not be paying for Omnifocus. I will admit I bought Things & ToDo. I don't like ToDo at all. Things was much easier to figure out and just had options that I appreciate more. I think I will go check out iCal Tasks now.