"Tasks" like in Blackberry

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alamein, Nov 22, 2010.

1. alamein macrumors member

My friend's thinking of switching but he's not sure if iPhone has equivalent of BB's tasks.

You can setup a reminder and it will vibrate on a chosen date. Problem is that he's not sure if it will self-activate on an iPhone. Can the app run in the background instead?

Thank you

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think the calendar will notify you and even remind you before the specific task and whenever time you want it to alert you.

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

You can make a calendar event.

Self-activate? You mean if the iPhone was off would it turn itself on to warn you? (no). And yes the iPhone will tell you if the task is 'due' if the phone is on (of course).

4. alamein thread starter macrumors member

sorry I know the thread is ancient but I still didn't get my answer.

You're right it can be done with the calendar, but with blackberry it's less of a pain, for example you can hit "snooze 15 minutes" on it, and the phone leaves you alone for 15 minutes before reminding you again. Or if you can hit, "edit" and right away it brings you to the time editor, where you can switch the time.

The app is native to all BlackBerry's hard to believe there's no equivalent in iPhone