Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011

Have a look at 0:50. You haven't to double tap the home button twice to open the taskswitcher.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I don't understand OP's thread then. Is he trying to point out that double press opens the task switcher? It's always done that.
Yeah it's a little confusing. I am understanding it as you don't have to double press but yes you do, as per the video. I don't see why Apple would change that.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yeah it's a little confusing. I am understanding it as you don't have to double press but yes you do, as per the video. I don't see why Apple would change that.

I honestly wish it was double-tap to invoke or swipe up on the button itself as a gesture but oh well.

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
He doesn't press twice as in any previous hardware home buttons to open the taskswitcher.

It seems you can configure the home button to open the taskswitcher on a gently or hard press on the home button.

That's a great feature. I don't liked the double press.

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
I'm sure it will work fine.

Might take some getting used to.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about the other way to invoke the task switcher - 3d touch on the left side of the screen. Thats been around for the last 12 months on the 6s / plus and is actually quite handy.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
He doesn't press twice as in any previous hardware home buttons to open the taskswitcher.

It seems you can configure the home button to open the taskswitcher on a gently or hard press on the home button.

That's a great feature. I don't liked the double press.
He clearly double pressed in that video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.