Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Tattoos are generally sported by sailors and criminals. If you belong to either of these groups then go ahead.

You forgot Trash. If I offended anyone, oh well....
Wow. Just wow.

I have a tatoo on my left ankle. It would appear my friend, that Jessica thinks we are feminine. :(
hahah well ... like I always say, opinions are like *******s, we all have them and they all stink. Having met Tomorrow in person I would say he's anything less. I just happen to think that area is more girl than boy. It's silly, i think I already owned up to that!
Yes we have a conduct and dress code policy. But lets be honest, I'm not going to tell the person they aren't hired because of tattoos. They want to accuse me of it, have at it.

You're probably a riot at the office Christmas party! :D

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As long as they aren't cartoon characters or Disney Princesses, you can keep your man cards. :D

Umm.. well, you see... ahhh... *deep breath* $%#*!!!!! :eek:

3161853914_d604c4c00e.jpg

;)

hahah well ... like I always say, opinions are like *******s, we all have them and they all stink. Having met Tomorrow in person I would say he's anything less. I just happen to think that area is more girl than boy. It's silly, i think I already owned up to that!

Just giving you a hard time friend. Next time you visit we'll all get together for a bite to eat. Maybe we'll even invite Moyank24 to come to. :)

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
You're probably a riot at the office Christmas party! :D

I'm actually the clown and the first one up on the bar, but in the office during working hours I conduct my self professionally. :D There's a time and a place for everything and that's really what this is all about.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
Fashions have changed and tattoos, which used to be something for the poorly educated working class became trendy for awhile a few years ago......but are they still?

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
I just think it's going to be amusing when all these young people getting tattoos today get older. That perky little tattoo you have at 20 isn't going to be so perky when you're 60. It's the same thing with those huge ear lobe plugs. Hope you never have to remove 'em. :)

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I just think it's going to be amusing when all these young people getting tattoos today get older. That perky little tattoo you have at 20 isn't going to be so perky when you're 60. It's the same thing with those huge ear lobe plugs. Hope you never have to remove 'em. :)

That is one thing I haven't been able to see as a "cool" thing, I agree with that. Tattoo's.. eh. Does skin really look good at 60 anyways. For most not all. I am sure there are exceptions before somebody starts flaming me. :)

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW
I personally think tattoos are disgusting. I don't understand how someone could do that to their body. What really gets to me is when I see a beautiful younger lady (18-25) or even an older woman with a tramp stamp. Really, I just shake my head, what will you think of it when you are 60?? Piercings... same thing. I am so tempted to ask some of these people what the hell are you thinking, but I don't because I already know they are not thinking. But do what you want and be the freak show you want to be, just try to cover them up when you are out in the public, they really are hideous!!

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
I'm sure we'll see a classic iJH response soon... he's just getting some matches. :D

Running for the fire proof suit now! LOL :D

I personally think tattoos are disgusting. I don't understand how someone could do that to their body. What really gets to me is when I see a beautiful younger lady (18-25) or even an older woman with a tramp stamp. Really, I just shake my head, what will you think of it when you are 60?? Piercings... same thing. I am so tempted to ask some of these people what the hell are you thinking, but I don't because I already know they are not thinking. But do what you want and be the freak show you want to be, just try to cover them up when you are out in the public, they really are hideous!!

I think .Jessica said it best, opinions are like *******s, we all have them and they all stink!

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
That is one thing I haven't been able to see as a "cool" thing, I agree with that. Tattoo's.. eh. Does skin really look good at 60 anyways. For most not all. I am sure there are exceptions before somebody starts flaming me. :)

You should see when someone walks into the office with one of those torn. Looks like the have a goober hanging off the side of their head. I'm an audiologist and a PA, so it's always fun when they ask to have to reattached so they can put the gauge back in. You just shake your head.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Tattoos are generally sported by sailors and criminals. If you belong to either of these groups then go ahead.

About 50 years ago you would have been correct. A survey done (can't remember the source, so I know this will be suspect) demonstrated that in the cohort of Americans born since 1980, 40% have at least one tattoo.

To OP - remember, your decision is for life. No problem with tats (full disclosure - I have two), but you are less likely to have any regrets with a more inconspicuous placement. The regret is not for having the tat, just where you have it placed. If it turns out you work in a field where it would not be an issue, you can always have another done in a more conspicuous location.

(Yes, I know you could have a tattoo removed, but it hurts like hell and is expensive. Best when getting a tat to assume it is for life.)

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
You should see when someone walks into the office with one of those torn. Looks like the have a goober hanging off the side of their head. I'm an audiologist and a PA, so it's always fun when they ask to have to reattached so they can put the gauge back in. You just shake your head.

LOL....... That is funny. They look funky when the guage is out too. But to each there own.

Yet, the OP asked for opinions and opinions were given.

Yes there were.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.