Tattoogate, Kingsgate, what will be next

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Stekki, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Stekki macrumors newbie

I am eagerly waiting my SG sport watch, should be delivered somewere in May.
    But after reading on a daily basis on these forums, I get a little bit worried and nerveous about my watch. I see lots of people complaining about the Digital Crown that gets stuck (I call it Kingsgate as from now :p) on the sport watch. The glass that get scratched etc.. I am almost to the point of regretting it and should have waited to the next version...

Anyone else that feels the same as I am?

2. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Yes. Definitely be very worried. After all, one negative report means all is a disaster and the sky will fall down. Worried as you are, you should NOT get the watch.

Besides I'm so sick of everything being a "..gate" and a "first world problem". I guess they were cute the first time around, but now I can only think they are spoken by those who can't be original or just say what they mean or don't even know what they mean!

3. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Exactly. *gate should be a banned phrase.

4. simonx314 macrumors regular

After wearing it in the shower, broken from water damage. Watergate.

5. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Well considering the first time around was 1972, yeah I can see how it's getting a little old.

6. noidpr macrumors regular

noidpr

Bill-Gate s Microsoft had that problem for long years... LOL

7. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

The people you see complaining are a micro-percentage of the total owners of the Apple Watch...the overwhelming majority have no issues and love the watch....just get your watch, enjoy it and don't worry about it...the sky is not falling.

8. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Please, you know exactly what I mean. Don't be gateish!

Hmmm. Now that I think about, I think I just created a new word, "gateish". The definition should be self evident. Anyone who hates the ...gate is free to use this word. I will not copyright it.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Amen, brother.

10. akm3 macrumors 68020

First-world-problems-gate?