Tax contract and predating

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by RossOliver, Aug 18, 2008.

1. RossOliver macrumors regular

Hey,

I've just about finished my application and am readying it for the app store. However, I have only sent off my tax contract today and from what I have read I could be in for a few weeks of waiting.

I was wondering if I submit my app before my contract is approved, do Apple let you pre-date earnings so you can get back the 30% withheld up until they approved your contract, or is it gone forever?

Thanks for your time,

-Ross

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Your app won't get put in the store until your contract comes through as far as I know.

3. RossOliver thread starter macrumors regular

Really? I thought you could approve your app before your contract has been approved but they would just withhold the 30%...

That's alright though I guess, at least I can can submit my app and I'll just have to wait for them to get round to my contract...

-Ross

4. TripleJ macrumors regular

When you submit your app, they will still review/approve it, but then once it's approved if your contract has not kicked in yet, the app will just say 'pending contract'. That's what's happening with mine at least :)
    Beware that if you do this, you cannot submit upgrades until your contract is approved. :rolleyes:

5. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

It takes a minimum of 21 days for contracts...

6. dancavallaro macrumors regular

What do you mean by this? They withhold 30% no matter what, it has nothing to do with your contract. And what would be the point of the contract if you could start selling apps before your contract is approved?

7. RossOliver thread starter macrumors regular

You're kidding? Where did you find out this? :(

They take 30% for hosting your application and what not, but they also withhold 30% (at least for me as a UK developer) if you don't submit the Tax form (sorry, contract was a poor choice of words)...

-Ross

8. dancavallaro macrumors regular

Oh sorry, I wasn't aware of that. I don't think they do that in the U.S., or at least of never heard of it. But I'm almost positive you can't sell your apps until the contract is approved anyway - are you sure about that extra 30% thing?

9. RossOliver thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I'm sure, I just went through the hassle of filling out the forms and sending them off... a real pain.

-Ross

10. TripleJ macrumors regular

might make you feel better to know that my contract got approved in 11 days instead of 21 :) So you shouldn't have to wait that long!

11. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

E-mail from Apple.
    If you chose to distribute in Asia, then it will take at least 21 days.

12. RossOliver thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, thank god for that - where did you distribute yours to?

I think I will steer clear of doing that then for now - can you update where your application distributes to once it's out?

-Ross