Tax Free Weekends and Online Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DabisBarg, Jun 3, 2008.

1. DabisBarg macrumors newbie

Hi there!
    I recently posted a "Looking for an Advice" post and got great feedbacks, so Thank you so much :D

Now I am planning on buying iMac for this year, and after 2 years, I"ll get MBP (Yay! can't wait!)

Anyways, the main topic is this.

Some States (Maybe all, but not sure) have 'Tax-Free' Weekends for Back To School season. if I purchase iMac (or any other Apple Computers) online, would i have to pay tax?

And another question (Sorry :( ),

I live in this place where all Apple Stores are around 80-100 miles away. But, I looked at some of the posts and it said "Best way to shop Mac is to go to retail store, so you can try out for yourself". I don't know if I want to go to retail store and try out, or use Online Store to get my mac. Any advice here? Thanks :D

P.S. Just remembers, does Apple Retail store have almost all items in Online Store? (like External Hard Drive, Razer Mouse [:drool:], and softwares)

2. Entourage12 macrumors member

Not sure about the first question but I know the majority of Best Buy's in America have an Apple Section where they will normally have an iMac, Macbook, Macbook Pro, and an Air I believe. Not sure if this is any help.