Carrier Taxes on AT&T versus Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TonyC28, Sep 12, 2015.

1. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

This week I switched to AT&T from Verizon. When I was with Verizon I was on a plan that was $50 a month (1GB data Loyalty Plan). Every month my bill was $56 and change, so about $6.50 or so on average in taxes and "other charges." I'm looking over my AT&T "My Next Bill Estimate" they gave me and there is $20.60 in taxes, surcharges, and other fees on this bill...not including prorated charges and activation fees. My AT&T plan is $55 a month so the price difference is very small. The AT&T rep told me that sometimes taxes might be higher, but more than three times as much as Verizon?? That doesn't make much sense to me. I'm hoping this is either an error or some kind of prorating thing. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this?

2. ksj0823 macrumors member

I am with att mobile share 3 lines, I just look on my bill, I paid about $7 for each line, So about $21.xx for surcharges & fees and taxes. well, different state charge different % of wireless tax, IL should be about 21% I guess? If that's your first month bill, you might want to check and see if they reduce some in your next bill.