Taxes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FMP, Apr 4, 2008.

1. FMP macrumors newbie

France government had the good idea to tax iPhones for being able to record multimedia content for private use.
    What a stupid idea..
    :eek:

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I 2nd that, in the US (California in particular) they want to impose a tax on every song downloaded from iTunes. Maybe I'll just cross the Nevada border and download my iTunes in Tahoe, NV or Carson City, NV. Where do we draw the line in succumbing to TAXES? :mad:

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

It's not just taxes, but it's ebay / paypal fees that has been pissing me off more and more lately.

Tax for 1 iPhone is $40. That could buy you a nice new case.

Ebay fees to sell a iPhone are about $20. eBay does nothing, and i have to pay them $20 for an auction?

Paypal fees are even more a joke. I pay close to $25 for the value of an iPhone sold. What does paypal do to get $25?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've decided to not sell anything via eBay, for that exact reason. I remember selling items on eBay and always tacking on the eBay/PayPal fees to the item sold, but that only infuriated me because I could have sold it without losing money on eBay/PayPal fees. :mad:

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Exactly. It used to be 5% a few months ago, and now its 8% plus all this other added crap. To sell an iPhone unlocked on ebay you basically pay normal taxes 3 times :mad:

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Gawd, and I was whining about the 4% fees, so that tells you how long it's been since I sold anything on eBay! :p

7. philgilder macrumors 68000

At least you dont have another $140 on the iphone for just living in the UK, or another $600 for a macbook pro :(

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm sorry to hear that...

Ouch, that's "robbery" for some of us. :eek: