Taxfree Weekend

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jpi, Aug 5, 2011.

1. jpi macrumors newbie

I wanted to ask if I buy online on apple.com do I have to pay the sales tax? because Missouri has the Taxfree days from Augsut 5-8. I wanted to use that to buy my new Air but in the cart it still shows the tax? anybody knows anything?

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Call apple and ask. I'd bet the exemption is only for stores (online as well as brick and mortar) physically located within the state. May have to go to an apple store. Betcha its hard for one organization just to keep track of fifty sales tax rates, let alone somehow track that this state is not charging tax for a weekend.

Oklahoma just has clothes and shoes exempted this weekend. To show you how screwed up our priorities are, the sale of food is taxed, but the state's leading newspaper-which funded a two billion dollar corporate empire-is not.

3. jpi thread starter macrumors newbie

man that sucks. because currently I am in Austria. and I am not coming back till the 16th. aaahhh..

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

You're in Austria? I'd cry you a river, but my tears have all been dried up by the sweltering hell that I have been living in for the last month. Sorry. :rolleyes:

5. jpi thread starter macrumors newbie

I know, I have a tough life ;) guess I just buy it without the tax discount. it's "only" 100 bucks more.

6. marrzie macrumors regular

7. Greg M macrumors 6502

Apple doesn't charge tax on any purchase that qualifies durning tax free weekend. This includes online purchases. The tax will show when you check out but will not be on your reciept. This info is posted on their site.

8. jpi thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. that's awesome! :)
    that is going to be my first mac. so I am excited.

9. Greg M macrumors 6502

10. blkonblk17 macrumors 6502