Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A few weeks after starring in her first advertisement for Apple Music, singer Taylor Swift has partnered with Apple again on a second ad for its streaming music service. In the video, which Swift tweeted earlier this morning, the singer again showcases Apple Music's "Activity Playlists" feature by focusing on the "Getting Ready to Go Out" category this time around.

taylor-swift-apple-music-ad-2-800x458.jpg

At the beginning of the video, Swift navigates to a collection of songs under the "Jukebox Hits: 00s Alternative Rock" playlist and chooses Jimmy Eat World's song "The Middle" as her background music. She mentions that she "used to listen to this in middle school" and begins lip syncing the lyrics in front of a mirror.

After Swift's dance-filled jam session comes to a close, the ad ends with the tagline that Apple Music has "every song for every moment," and reminds those who have yet to sign up that the service has a three month free trial available to any new member.

Getting ready to go out... @AppleMusic @JimmyEatWorldhttps://t.co/vq8LCFOuCO - Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) April 18, 2016
Swift's partnership with Apple on its new Apple Music ads comes nearly a year after the much-publicized dispute between the two, which began when the singer penned an open letter to Apple about its policy of not paying artists during the three month free trial for the streaming service. After Apple reversed course, Swift's best-selling album 1989 appeared on the service, and she eventually even launched an exclusive tour documentary for Apple Music in December.

Update: Apple Music head of content Larry Jackson said in an interview that the company has a steady stream of Taylor Swift advertisements in the pipeline, and compares the campaign's rollout to that of a music record.
"Our strategy is to actually roll this campaign out like we would a record," he says. "You release one single, it's got a certain longevity, then the next single drops. What we're doing here, to avoid it all fading out too soon, is using the same cadence as an album--spot comes out, hype dies down two week later, then out comes another spot, same thing happens, then drop the next one. So we're using the same approach with spots as we would with singles."
If the same rhythm is kept, fans can expect a new ad in two week's time, but it is unclear how many will be created.

Article Link: Taylor Swift Lip Syncs to Jimmy Eat World in New Apple Music Ad [Updated]

Reactions: Lukkee24

diipii

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2012
UK
I've seen plenty music award shows on TV where she lip syncs. She probably does it at her own concert too. If you're a person who loves to sing and be a singer, why would you ever want to lip sync your own songs? If you want to be a singer, then sing!!

Spot on. If you are young and pretty but rely on audio manipulaters to make you acceptable even to her audience profile this is what you have to do. Basically you fake it, all the time.
And you make faces like a blow up woman doll like in this shot.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Maybe I'm overthinking this, but all the jump-cuts synced to the continuous song make me wonder how many times in a row she listened to this while getting ready. Or maybe she can just teleport, but doing so requires the camera to change positions.

I find that Taylor Swift is a person that males and females can appreciate.
I find that every time Apple does anything involving a female person, somebody makes a comment about gender.

gaximus

macrumors 68020
Oct 11, 2011
Spot on. If you are young and pretty but rely on audio manipulaters to make you acceptable even to her audience profile this is what you have to do. Basically you fake it, all the time.

I agree, but most people that go to a concert want to hear the studio version of the songs they know. Its hard to sing a live version of a song and make it sound like a studio version. I like to listen to live versions of songs, but there are only a few genres of music that sound good live, rock being one of them. Pop and Rap usually sound awful live.

Reactions: 69Mustang

elmateo487

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Ha! Strip away the air brushing in the photos, the filter effects in the video software, strip away the ton of makeup so you can the what she really looks like and you might think differently.

Oh I'm sure. LordBeelzebub probably getting all the hotter-than-no-makeup-TSwift ladies

Reactions: Weaselboy

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
And you make faces like a blow up woman doll like in this shot.
Either you're spending too much time on pr0n sites or you've never seen a woman putting on lipstick.:D

Reactions: orbital~debris

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
Annoying as hell...

Damned this is awkward to watch, she looks dumb, please Apple hire intelligent people like you used to

Ha! Strip away the air brushing in the photos, the filter effects in the video software, strip away the ton of makeup so you can the what she really looks like and you might think differently.

Hilarious to read the jealous/clueless/uninformed posts from those who are forced realize that a talented and smart 26-year-old self-made woman has more success in her short life than they ever will.

chocolaterabbit

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2008
So one guy who's never seen Taylor Swift in concert theorises that she lipsyncs, and somehow another guy interprets that as she's faking it all the time? Guys, if you're going to hate, at least bring some facts.

Hilarious to read the jealous/clueless/uninformed posts from those who are forced realize that a talented and smart 26-year-old self-made woman has more success in her short life than they ever will.

It's not even necessarily about being successful, after all I don't have to be a fan of everyone that's successful. But if you're not a fan, at least lay down some rational points that you don't like. This irrational hatred is just strange behaviour.

Last edited:

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Maybe I'm overthinking this, but all the jump-cuts synced to the continuous song make me wonder how many times in a row she listened to this while getting ready. Or maybe she can just teleport, but doing so requires the camera to change positions.

I find that every time Apple does anything involving a female person, somebody makes a comment about gender.
This community is pretty known for being toxic and misogynistic.

Reactions: orbital~debris

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
I've seen plenty music award shows on TV where she lip syncs. She probably does it at her own concert too. If you're a person who loves to sing and be a singer, why would you ever want to lip sync your own songs? If you want to be a singer, then sing!!

She may mime for some TV stuff, like most do. But no, she almost certainly does not lip sync at her own shows.

It's a fun ad though - the whole lip sync thing just now is a hoot. The battles on Jimmy Fallon's show are hilarious.
[doublepost=1460995390][/doublepost]
Excuse me, I need you to stop talking smack about my future wife.

I know - how very dare they. Swiftyknickers can do no wrong! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Statusnone88

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
This just in: people hating on a gorgeous, successful girl in her mid-twenties who is loved and adorned by millions. Who'd of thunk it?! Girl isn't even 30 years old and she's made more impact on the world in the short time she's been alive then most of us will ever make.

And she's hot :D

And she's my future wife so please don't insult my beauty.

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
So one guy who's never seen Taylor Swift in concert theorises that she lipsyncs, and somehow another guy interprets that as she's faking it all the time? Guys, if you're going to hate, at least bring some facts.

It's not even necessarily about being successful, after all I don't have to be a fan of everyone that's successful. But if you're not a fan, at least lay down some rational points that you don't like. This irrational hatred is just strange behaviour.

Agree completely. She's pop, so it's out with the music snobbery.

Like her or not, the way she has transformed herself from a country star to a pop star during the whole 1989 release has been nothing short of flawless, from the first single which ridiculed all the media speculation about her love life, through to the live show appearing on AM she didn't put a career foot wrong.
[doublepost=1460995857][/doublepost]For all of Swifty's future husbands - you'll love this if you haven't see it. A lip sync of Blank Space with a DJ in the UK. Think it's my all time favourite lip sync, and possibly when I realised she'd be my future wife. :D

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.