Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Virgo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
So I thought I was going crazy at first... a common thing that keeps happening to me is that when I am typing or working on code, whenever I need a slash / or a question mark ? it keeps not appearing!

I knew I couldn't be making typos this often with the same characters.

So I tried, in several different text fields/word processors, just pressing / followed by delete over and over. About once in every 10 times, it will either just not register at all that I pressed it, or it will show up twice //. I am definitely pressing firmly enough, as it is making the audible click sound with each keystroke.

This is crazy frustrating. Is anyone else having the same issue, or do you think I just have an isolated faulty keyboard? Either way I'm definitely taking it in to the store because I know it is an issue that I can replicate.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Some troubled keys will break in after 100 or so cycles.
If yours hasn't they will have to swap it out

pshifrin

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Whoa...
that is so concerning that this is happening with so many people. I really don't want to have to waste time switching out the machine, and restoring my backup, etc etc just to find out that I'll have the same problem with another machine..

It happened to the R key on a 15 inch I purchased. It went right back to the store since I couldn't even login to wifi to set it up initially (wifi password has an R)

Virgo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
So I was able to successfully track down the same laptop and exchange for it the other day. The keyboard on this one works fine...

BUT NOW the new unit actually has an iSight camera that is not working! Already troubleshooted with apple, and I need to exchange yet again.

Do I just have the worst luck??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.