TB and retina MBP vs iMac and iPad mini retina

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cyborg21, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Cyborg21 macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

I realised windows is the probably worst OS ever. Doing daily tasks on Windows 7 and Windows 8 is such a pain! Also my PC getting really old. It lags constantly even when I click right mouse it freezes for 1 min. So I went to a tech store and I saw Macbook Pro and iMac. OS X was different, beautiful and innovative. I used PCs in my entire life and I finally switching to Mac :) . But I'm a little bit confused about which mac to buy. I will probably use my Mac for at least 5 years beacuse I can't change my computer every 2-3 years but Macbook Pro has low specs I'm afraid that I won't able to run any apps programs or new versions of OS X after 5 years and laptop's batteries die with time. I'm currently using a desktop PC and I don't go outside so much but my desk is in front of a HUGE window so in summer sun makes room really hot I need to go other room but I want to browse internet, watch videos etc. at the same time but I have to leave my computer at the other room :(. So I thought buying a Retina Macbook Pro with Thunderbolt display and using Thunderbolt when I am at my room and when it gets too hot using Macbook Pro Retina in other room OR using iMac 27'' (max specs) in my room and when it gets too hot using iPad mini + iMac's wireless keyboard on other room. So which one is more logical? Getting an iMac 27'' with Max specs and iPad mini Retina or getting a Macbook pro 13'' Retina with thunderbolt display? Ugh... I know that I'm talking too much :D and sorry for my bad english.

2. Cyborg21 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

And also I have an Android Phone and Android Tablet so I can access all Android Apps on Play Store but I don't have any iOS devices so I can't download any iOS apps.

3. Cyborg21 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

4. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

I'd go the iMac and retina iPad mini route. I think that is the perfect set up, and the one I will go for as well. I currently have an ipad mini, but will sell it for a retina ipad mini when they are available.

I love its portability. I do video editing on it with imovie when travelling, as well as write a travel blog. The retina ipad mini has an even more powerful chip that will make video editing on the road even easier. I shoot photos & videos with my iphone, and gopro.

I want a 27" imac when I get home for doing really heavy video editing & photoshop work.

It's the perfect setup.

5. Cyborg21 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

Thank you