TB Displays not in stock in many places.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pshifrin, Jan 11, 2013.

1. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

Tried to buy a few Thunderbolt Displays from our Apple Reseller and he said none of his distributors have stock. In fact, Amazon is out of stock too. New model on the way??? It is still in stock at apple.com however.

2. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I expect that they will use the new process of attaching the glass to the screen to reduce glare like the imac. Imac is having trouble keeping up as is so i dont think new thunderbolt displays will be released until they can speed up that process and be able to keep up with demand.

3. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

I hope so. Looks like Amazon expects to have stock on January 26.

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

The 2011 iMac went in and out of stock everywhere months before the 2012 model actually was announced (and it was another two months before it shipped) so I would not expect this to be a sign of impending replacement. The ATD is an expensive piece of kit with a narrow market so I would not be surprised if many retailers only kept a handful (or even just a single unit) in stock at any one time to reduce overhead costs.

5. tangfj macrumors member

hmmm, I just got one from best buy and when I looked up at their inventory they had about 4-5 more units.