TB MacBook Pro 13 Inch losing battery while on sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gonza211, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Gonza211 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

Is anyone else having issues with the MacBook Pro TB losing battery while on sleep? I'm losing about 10% per night which is unacceptable for this device. It should be 1% at the most.

When looking at the pmset -g assertions or pmset -g log I see that the Macbook wakes up every once in a while due to the mDNSResponder. The -g assertions drops that the IODisplayWrangler is preventing it from sleeping. Anyone knows what that means?

Tried the following fixes with no success:

• Reset SMC
    • Reset NVRAM
    • Reset Printing System
    • Turning off Wake for Wi Fi Access
    • Turning off Open Bluetooth interface if.... is not connected
    • Putting a 'NULL' Network on top of the Wi Fi Settings
    • Turning off Find my Mac

Nothing worked.

Would love to hear experiences regards this, or help :p . So far a lot of issues with the TB 13 MacBook Pro.

2. carlos916 macrumors regular

carlos916

i have been having the same issue.... have a battery life of around 60% close the lid next day its dead??? and its happened more than 5 times and 3 that i can remember had a crash report the next day once it turned on after plugging it in

3. appleincognito macrumors member

4. Gonza211 thread starter macrumors newbie

Done that. Been talking to Apple about another bug with the Touch bar. They are pretty slow answering though. Hopefully they fix this fast enough with the next update, its annoying to lose battery while on standby/sleep.