Tb MacBook Pro 15 Intel xtu

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ninja2000, Mar 19, 2017.

1. ninja2000 macrumors 6502

hi guys,

I am contemplating getting a new mbp which will be used 80% in OS X for work but probably 20% in boot camp for the odd game. I am looking at upgrade options and wondered if the 6820hk is worth it. Is it unlocked in Intel xtu? Can the multipliers be changed and can the voltage be adjusted?
    Also anyone with the 6700hq try xtu? Can voltage be adjusted with these cpu's?

Thanks in advance

2. leman macrumors G3

Overclocking the CPU for gaming would be completely pointless as you will be severely limited by the GPU in any case. Not to mention that's its a thin laptop that is precisely engineered in respect to its thermals. i didn't try overclocking the CPU, but I did look at GPU and so far had no success.

3. ninja2000 thread starter macrumors 6502

To be honest it is more undervolting and being able to adjust clocks down not up. I have had a play with a 13" but that cpu was completely locked where as my 2014 15" allows me to undervolt and adjust multipliers

4. leman macrumors G3

Ah, sorry, I shouldn't have made assumptions. If I get to it this evening time-wise, I can check it out, but I can't really promise anything...

5. ninja2000 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks leman, if you get a chance it would be greatly appreciated. You can knock a fair bit of the temps down with a good undervolt on skylake.