TBS.com - Will it ever work?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hankster, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Will TBS.com ever work on Apple OS? They only, for some reason, use Windows video output... I've tried several workarounds with no success. I don't understand why TBS would alienate Apple users :(

Has anyone found a workaround? :confused:

2. Hankster thread starter macrumors 68020

Hankster

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

hmm..Works fine for me. Are you sure you have the newest version ?

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Just gave TBS a go and all fine here,like peace just stated could be something to do with a update

5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Well.... I'm getting the same problem. As you can see, I'm running the latest Flip4Mac too (Latest Safari also).

[​IMG]

6. Hankster thread starter macrumors 68020

Hankster

I have the latest Safari and installed Win4Mac last night and TBS isn't working for me. Maybe I just need to try something different, me be slow :(

7. Makosuke macrumors 603

Huh... I'm getting the same error, actually. They have what has got to be the worst Flash-based interface that I have ever seen, but what appears to happen is that it flips through the list of chapters briefly (displaying a QT ? for each), then when it runs out it ends up at the can't play graphic.

Same in both Camino and Safari on 10.5.2, latest F4M (paid Pro version, actually). Interestingly Firefox will occasionally play the ads or TBS graphic, but then gives the error when the actual program rolls around.

I wonder if it's because of Windows Media content protection--I'm pretty sure Flip 4 Mac has trouble with that--or if it has something to do with the way they're redirecting between ads and the actual video.

What browser is this working on for you, Hankster? (And are you sure you're seeing the actual "whole episode" video, not just the ads before it?)

8. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Could it be a PPC vs. Intel problem? Or browsers? What are you all using? Safari? Firefox? I'd test it myself but I doubt it'll let me play over here in the UK.

9. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I got them to play the first time i tried and im in the UK,thought id give
    it another go now its telling me i need windows media player installed

10. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

It will not work for me too in Safari:confused: I am up to date on everything. MC

11. Hankster thread starter macrumors 68020

Hankster

I'm using Safari 2.0.4 with OS X. I can't get any of the videos or ads to work. It keeps giving me the "needs Windows..." error. Of course, everything works fine on my Dell laptop...which I never use :(

I mean, I want to hit the "Boss Is Coming Panic Button" on my MacBook too!!!

12. Project Alice macrumors member

Project Alice

I even have wmp 9 for mac it wont work.
    I tryed using vpc, but it said I have to be in the US, even thogh we get tbs in canada.
    Have you ever seen that on the tbs commercials when they show you a web browser of their site its always on a mac?
    can I some how make the computer think im in us?

13. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

Automatic download @ TBS.com

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I was trying to view videos from TBS.com and it automatically downloads Flip4Mac on my computer. I didn't mind the first time, since I needed it anyway and I finished the instillation. After that I assumed the website would work, it is still stuck on the "loading" screen. I refreshed the page, and it downloads Flip4Mac again! Even though I already installed it! This routine keeps recurring every time I try to view the video page.

Anyone find a solution for this?

I now have the latest Flip4Mac and I'm running 10.5

14. madog macrumors 65816

madog

I don't think F4M can read the new WMP v10 files yet, only v9 and below.

If they use the new media player codec at v10, then that would most likely be the issue (which this was the case about a month ago, don't know if F4M has been updated for that purpose yet).

15. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

Well that's weird then, because every time I load the video page, it would download Flip4Mac automatically...

16. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

...doesn't work for me either!

Flip4Mac was my savior too...

CrackBookPro:cool: