Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deeve

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Hello, I am making the switch from Frontier Fios to Comcast Xfinity. I have a Motorola SB6141 modem and will be using a 2013 TC as a router. Previously, the TC was set up with Frontier and set as a Bridge. Now since it will be finally able to run the full router function, what would the correct settings be? The tech will not really be able to help me, and past experience would be that I don't want him to help anyway.

DAVE

thetman

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2003
I don't have a time capsule but I do have xfinity internet and the same modem as you. Xfinity does not require a login for the internet and receives a dynamic WAN ip from Comcast. Most of your WAN/internet settings should be default. The only catch that I can think of is that Xfinity can be picky about the MAC address connecting to the sb6141 modem. My netgear router allowed me to clone the MAC address of my laptop to the WAN port of the router and pass that along to the cable modem. Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.